Thread: Cleansers and moisturisers

Default Cleansers and moisturisers

I was wondering what facial cleansers and moisturisers to use, since being pg I have found my since has been more spotty than usual and I have quite sensitive skin and don't want to use anything harsh. So what are people using?!

I've found the "normal skin" gels better than the "oily skin" cleansing milk, I also try to buy one that's cleanser and moisturiser together (because I'm too lazy to remember moisturiser; I have wrinkles anyway so why worry?). I also use Witch Hazel gel on spots, that works like magic every time.

I found no matter what I used my skin just had to go through a "cycle" of looking terrible.
    This lasted til about 18w I spose, and now thankfully all my spots have cleared up. I sooooo dont think its fair having grey hair and pimples!!

So it might just be a time thing - stick with the normal stuff, and then wait out the bad patch.
    In saying that, apparently our skin changes type about every 7 years, so you need to get new face care stuff every 5-10y or so to keep on top of it.

I also use the St Ives gentle exfoliator too. Its works well on my skin.
    I havent been moisturising much at all, but If i do, its been a Body Shop one. Its in a green pot and I dont remember what its called because the label came off, but its a light moisturiser.

Fire Fly Guest

I used to use Lanome products and i was told they were perfectly safe to use while pg. You have to rob a bank to buy them though, hence ive written used to use. I found them to be really good actually and would love to start using them again.

I wash my face with Cetaphil at nights...it's a really gentle...cleansery sort of thing. I had it recommended to me when I had sensitive-ish skin as a teenager.
    And neutrogena moisturiser, but I wet my hands first and don't use as much.

Having said that, my skin went through a wierd patch anyway

I am having that problem with my skin at the moment too. I use Olay exfoliating cleanser and the Olay Total Effects moisturiser. I find it the best of all I have used and is fine for sensitive skin. It has helped to keep my skin a bit more even toned instead of splotchy.

Jo xx