Thread: Close Pregnancies

Default Close Pregnancies

I gave birth just over 5 months ago and DP and i have decided to start TTC #2. I have been doing a bit of research on the internet but can't seem to find anything on close pregnancies.

So i would love to hear from other mum's who have been in this situtation. I would like to know about your experiences/circumstances during your pregnancy and after. How did your child/children react to the closeness in age?? Would you do it again??? Was it a planned or unplanned pregnancy??

I think this is a very taboo subject and not enough informtion is readily available for mothers in this situation. This is why i decided to start this thread.

Your advice and comments would be appreciated.

Your dd is so cute!

I have 7 kids 10 and under and they are all very close and the best of friends. They play at school together and share friendships. I wouldn't have it any other way. I am 32 and have a teenage sister. I would have loved to have someone closer in age to me.

Good luck with TTC no. 2!

My next door neighbour gave birth to her baby daughter and 6 weeks later was pregnant again.She had another girl and they are such best friends! She said she found it easy as it was like looking after 2 babies.Both in nappies,bottles,shaing clothes.

Thank you, your little man is a cutie too!!

WOW - 10 and under!!!! You must be a busy mum!! I don't think i could go that far! I would like 4 at the most!!

BTW - AF is 2 days late now!!!!

sara, I had Kat and 10wks later was pg again. My girls are best friends. It was an accident, but I wouldn't want it any other way now. They are great and so wonderful to watch together. I want more, but we'll space them a bit now. So TTC #3 around July next yr so wish me luck for then! As for AF being late. When I found out I was pg with Jess, Af was 1o days late, I had M/S, but HPT's all came back -ve. Bt came back +ve. 10wks pg, I finally got a BFP HPT so U MIGHT be pg. I think the body having just given birth, takes longer for the HGC to get into the urine. Goodluck Sara!

mum5boys Guest

I have 5 boys,12,6,4,3,17months old and am pg with number 6 baby due in March and they are all the best of friends and look after each other.
    It is hard when you are pg and have other children to look after as you don't get as much time to rest but I wouldn't change my situation for anything.
    My parents think I am crazy having 5 children close together but I think they were crazy waiting 11 years after I was born to have another child, but we are all entitled to our opinions.
    My first son was unplanned but the rest have been planned and if I was just starting out now I would do it all the same.
    I have never had any problems with my boys when it came to having another baby, they are all very excited at being big brothers again and can't wait for this baby to be born.
    It can be hard work but it is well worth it.

Take care
    Michelle

I fell pregnant (planned) when Jenna was about 6-7m old. It was physically pretty tough as I was still breastfeeding alot, and trying to keep up with a lot of other stuff.
    UNfortunately I got quite sick with a gastro bug, and lost that baby (probably through severe dehydration) so I didn't get to find out what having them 16m apart would be like! Instead we are looking at 20-21m apart, which isn't close enough for my liking

From a pregnancy point of view be sure you have a good support network as you may get pretty tired with a toddler and a baby (or even through the pregnancy). As far as our reasoning, I had a really yuck first pregnancy, and was very limited in my dietary intake with breastfeeding, my daughter isn't a good sleeper, and we just wanted to get all the "yuck" stuff out of the way asap so I could get my body back and move through the tough years. Also my partner is 14y older than I am,so we wanted to get kids out of the way quickly.

Anyway - you do what is right for you, and noone else has to live it, so at the end of the day its your call. best wishes for a quick TTC journey

Hi!

My 2 will be 18m apart. I can't tell you what it's like yet but I'm very excited!

P/g wise I have found it just the same as first time really (luckily) I contined to bf until Louis was just over 12 months. I went to the dr for iron/vitamin tests before I fell (so I thought...I was actually already just p/g) and all my folate etc came back very healthy so in that respect I was all recovered from the early months of labour & bf.
    Umm...what else - it's very cute now as Louis touches my tummy and says bubba. I'm sure he doesn't really understand what he's doing but it's cute all the same. Also at our 12w u/s he watched the monitor and said bubba as well.
    I'm hoping they will be great friends!

I think you should go for it if thats what you want. It's hard being p/g/having a newborn at any time really...us women are so clever we just cope with whatever we have to! hehe.

I would suggest to get your iron/vitamin levels tested asap and of course start taking your folate and then go for it!!!

Thanks very much for all you comments girls.

It looks like its going too be a very close one after all. I found out yesterday that i am pg!!! #2 should be due on the 27 July 2007. So there will be a very close gap of just over 13 months!!!

pholmes Guest

Hi,

I have an age difference of just over 15mths between my two little ones, it is hard work but I haven't really had to worry about Lachlan being jealous or anything because he was so young he just accepted it and has been very loving. The biggest problem was that they sat next to each other in the car and Lachlan would keep poking Liam in his capsule. I am pg again and the baby is due in ealry July so I will have a 10 year old, a just turned 3 year old, a 21mth old and a new baby. Im not sure if that is good for your sanity?

Congrats sara! Thats fantastic.

Hi Sara,
    Congrads on the confirmation , my little ones are going to be 13months apart too, #2 due between 4th-10July (two scan two differnt dates) . I sometimes get a little frazzled at the thought but most times I get excited to think that they'll be able to grow up together.
    Plus after reading all the other mums stories who have small gaps between there kids, I know I will be o.k, and have lots of support.
    All the best, and I look forward to being able to share my stories with you.

Congrats Sara! What fantastic news!!

My boys are 19 months apart and they keep me very busy but Jack already loves his little brother and I think a small age gap is wonderful. For me the pg with a toddler was the hardest part but all worth it!!

Best of luck. I am sure everything will be wonderful for you too!!

Wow congrats Sara!!!! and Mel as well!!!

I'm sure you'll both do really well!