Thread: Is cold Christmas Ham on the Bone o.k

Default Is cold Christmas Ham on the Bone o.k

I didn't with #1, as a result I missed out eating my favourite food at christmas last year, and really want to give into my craving for it this year, but don't know if it's safe. Someone recently told me it is, but I remember someone telling me when I was pregnant last time it's not. Does anyone know for sure?

My doctor (OB/GP) says it's not safe, as well as all the listeria info I have read, unless it's served really hot.

So I will be missing out, although everyone else here at my house will be enjoying it Baby isn't worth the risk, especially when we've struggled to get this far.

That's the way I see it anyway.

Merry Christmas! I'm looking for something special I'm going to cook just for me so it's still a bit special...calamari stir fry or something fancy I'm going to have.

I was told by a dr it was safe. I was told providing it hadn't been cut and was eaten straight off the bone its fine... Ham is a hard one LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Well done fletch! I was going to link the topic and you have already done it.

Taia's Mum Guest

Default What can we eat?

Ok - So I read the thread about lysteria and not having cold meats etc. So what on earth can we eat for lunches instead of a ham/chicken sanga?

Just interested to see what people eat for luches

Fruitwood Guest

Hi, last year I was in the same boat and agonised for weeks leading up to xmas and drove my midwives mad, lol. In the end I cooked a silverside and a turkey and let them cool in the fridge and sliced them just before xmas lunch so that it was fresh. I had a couple of slices of ham off the bone which my midwife said was fine as long as it was freshly sliced and bought from a reputable place and not the supermarket. I really missed eating the cold cooked prawns though, which my midwife said was a deinate no no. Good Luck, I hope you find something yummy to eat.

I usually have tuna salad sandwiches (Tuna, Lettuce, Tomatoe, mayo...) But your not ment to eat too much fish in a week, i think 3 servings a week is ok.

Taia's Mum Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shorty View Post
    I usually have tuna salad sandwiches (Tuna, Lettuce, Tomatoe, mayo...) But your not ment to eat too much fish in a week, i think 3 servings a week is ok.
    Oh just the thought of the smell of tuna makes me feel sick! LOL!!!

I think it should be fine aslong as it is infact freshly sliced and has not been sitting out for ages and as Fruitwood said it is from a reputable place such as a good butcher or something so that you know it has not been in and out of the cool on and off.