Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold sores - AARRRGH - advice please :)

good to hear

ps m y dh says I drool too lol

I just found out I am pregnant, and was using cold sore cream (virasolve) around week 4-5. Should I be worried? I thought I just had the flu, and was run down. I have never had a cold sore in my life.

This thread has been so useful - I just woke up from having a dream where I had that tingling feeling on top lip like just before you get a coldsore - so was about to investigate what you can use and found this excellent.

I've been told during both pregnancies that Zovirax is a definite NO-NO but that Lypsine 'vitamin' tablets are okay to take. I've had the dreaded cold sores a couple of times during both pregnancies and the Lypsine clears them up quite quickly...it's in tablet form in the supermarkets.

I found this on a website about virasolve cold sore cream;

"It has a pregnancy category of B1. However topical use is not likely to be of concern in pregnancy."

The link;

(In the Dermatology section of this book, page 178 I think.

Community Pharmacy: Symptoms ... - Google Book Search

LotusMel Guest

Hi, I've helped a lady get rid of her cold sores with relaxation/ reiki and reflexology. All of which are exquisite during pregnancy so added bonus. Perhaps there is someone near you who could help???

I suffer from these when I get run down, had one a month or so ago, zovirax def no no, carmex was recommended by midwife as safe to use - it was FANTASTIC! Haven't had another one since either

It's a bit painful, but I find if I dab the cold sores with those alcohol wipes you can get from the chemist they dry up and go within a day or two. I get them really severly and nothing else seems to do the trick, so the pain is bareable. Otherwise carmex seems to do the trick for lots of people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12