Thread: Colds during Pregnancy

Taia's Mum Guest

Question Colds during Pregnancy

Hi Everyone,

My NY's pressie to myself is a head cold! I've tried so hard not to get one while pregnant but it's caught up with me!

I haven't taken anything (panadol etc) for the headache/bodyache/nose that runs faster than a tap - not really too sure on what I should be doing here.

I've got my 30week appt at the hospital tonight but I thought I would seek advise from all of you while I sit around waiting for 5.30pm!

xoxox
    nat

Natty, all you can really do is take panadol and use vicks or even set up a vaporiser or something similar. Buy some alow vera tissues, so your nose wont get so sore from blowing and just hope that it passes soon.

Natty,
    If you dont want to use vicks you can use the baby balm cream too, it is mild enough for babies, and i used it earlier in my pg. It is like vicks but smells nicer as it has some other ingrediants added. You can buy it from the supermarket..

Taia's Mum Guest

Thanks everyone! Got some vicks - think that will help!
    Trying to eat as normal but I'm not really hungry - just don't want to deprive baby of food

Hi babe
    Sorry to hear you have a cold for the new year!! but HAPPY NEW YEAR just the same!!

When I first fell pregnant i was suffering the worst sinus and horrible headaches... my doc told me that I could take panadol and/or panadine when the pain and head aches and sinus got really bad.
    So I would take panadine when going to bed to help me sleep....
    It didnt bother my munchkin bum at all.... he was so healthy and happy when born.... i think most of all you have to make sure you or your body are not under stress or the baby will get stressed... and panadol helps HEAPS!
    buggaluggs scored a 9 when born so I dont think it bothered him at all!

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!

XXXOOO

I used a eukalyptus vaporiser and that really worked for me - so much so that DH, the most sceptical person I know, ended up making one for himself a week later when he still had the bug and I didn't! Ha, and I'm the one with the lowered immune system!

Moisturised tissues are also the way to go - I always get those in when we have colds to stop DH reverting back to horrid hankies.