Thread: Colostrum

Default Colostrum

For a week or two i've been leaking what i think is colostrum. But it doesn't look how people describe it. Mine is clear and feels a bit like oil i suppose and has a very sweet smell to it. Is this colostrum? It's never yellow and not very creamy. But it's the same as what i had when pregnant with Lily, so i'm assuming it is? Not worried, just making sure.

I leaked a variety of stuff! hehe Sometimes clear, sometimes thicker & yellowish, and sometimes milky. Think its just the bbs practising

Melinda Guest

Yep, that'd be colostrum!!! That's exactly what I was leaking when PG with Jacob. Even though Jacob was only BF for a matter of days, I still had BM until our little princess was conceived, when the BM turned back to colostrum (not milky), but these days it's turning more milky again!!!

Your nipples also have glands on them that produce like a lubricant/oil to help protect them, maybe its that? Its why you don't need to put anything on our nipples to "prepare" them. they are self regulated LOL.

Hmm i don't think it's that Fiona, coz i'm leaking like a cow lol. But interesting to know!

LOL, not a cow dear, just a very good mumma!

Well i just hope, more than anything, that i'm able to BF this time. Watch out, coz you'll probably be getting heaps of PM's from me when bub is born lol.

LOL thats ok, you can just ring me if you like! If there was a way I could post my number with only BB members beign able to see it I would. You should try & get along to a Bfing Education class that ABA hold before the birth, would give you a good head start.

Its what I'm hear for !

Ive started leaking over the past week.. mostly the yellow creamy stuff but other times its just been clear.. id say thats wat it is

Tegan I've been leaking a clearish kind of milky stuff for months. Only this week it is changing to a thicker yellow colostrum to get ready for bub

maggie Guest

Hi,i am almost 30w and i am yet to leak any.. should i be? or do only some people have leakages. my boobs have grown but i havent had to go and buy new bras..

Not nescessarily Maggie. My best friend never had any leaking before her babies were born or between breastfeeds.

Fiona - I'm actually thinking of going to a BF class held by ABA soon. There's one in my area and i emailed them about it a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember when it is though, i just tired looking at their site and it seems to be down?