Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To colour or not.....

Question To colour or not.....

Ok so I've heard theories that give the thumbs up to hair colouring when pg and others that proclaim a complete no-no to it all.....

What are your thoughts???

All I would be looking at would be a semi-permanent deep brown/chocolate colour...........

I have posted this before, but my OB told me that using hair colour was "as toxic as brushing your teeth".........LOL, ie no problem at all!!

I have coloured my hair through all 3 of my pregnancies....using semi perm colours...3 perfect children.

That said, check with you Dr, and if YOU have any doubts, don't do it...........whatever feels right for you..........

I also coloured my hair all the way through my pregnancy with Aidyn, and was using permanents... The only issue I had was that due to hormonal changes of pg, my hair would not hold onto the dye AT ALL. As soon as my hair got wet, it would all come out! Very annoying! LOL

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

I have coloured my hair right through! I heard somewher (and I could be very very wrong) that peroxide may be one to steer clear from!

I used a semi-permanent colour right at the beginning, before I knew, but haven't coloured since - mostly because I can't afford it! SiL coloured her hair all the way through and niece seems well enough; SiL uses permanent peroxide stuff too.

On that show what's good for you.. There is no way the toxins in it are strong enough to hurt the baby... Although i have heard the fumes are just TOO overwelming a couple of friends said they tried to do it but the fumes were too much and washed them out.. Good luck nice colour thats my colour at the moment too.

Hey Charly,

Theres a few ladies at my hair dresser that are pg and still working well up to when they are due! So it should be right hun

My first pg I didn't as I was freaking out, this time I have continued streaking my hair but I did wait until after 12wks

I continued to get foils after 12 weeks and am waiting to do the same with this preg too. I was told that foils are pretty harmless as they don't actually touch your scalp.

I coloured my hair (and OMG got a perm...never doing that again...lol) first time and have also done with this time too. It's more to do with it not taking as Ambah said hers wouldn't stay in. My hair is completely the opposite and holds onto anything at anytime!! When I do colour it I make sure that the bathroom is well ventilated so I'm not breathing in yucky smells etc.

I was worried about colouring my hair too, although i waited till i was 12 weeks and then got streaks. So really it is up to you and i would make sure the room in well ventilated!
    Also you feel great after doing it!!

yep i have beed advsed by my 2 obs and naturopath that foils are the way to go as they dont touch your scalp.

All chemicals get absorbed through the skin and it MAY be harmful to bubs. In saying that, semi perm colours are not as harmful as persm

Kazz is a hairdresser & she said it was okay before... I have had a few semi's in and just had one done last week

*Charly turns to her DH and asks for $$$ for cut and colour appt she is about to book in for next week.....*

Thanks girls!! I really appreciate your thoughts!!

I have continued to colour my hair and i get foils and a semi,including blonde, no problems here. My hairdresser, who is also pg, is still working and putting colours in and also gets her hair done (blonde). Just keep in mind that the colour may be slightly different to usual or may not last as long. I get red put in mine and it is washing out faster than usual.

i was told by a chemist when i was breastfeeding that the reason why they say not to do it is that your hair might not go the colour you expected it to due to hormones

kel Guest

Default color your hair

hi
    would like to say as a qualified hairdresser(15yrs)own my own salon and have clients and staff who are pregnant and myself who is a blonde that i can honestly say please color your hair and yes its your piece of mind if you want to change to foils or semi colors which is 1.5 %peroxide the lowest you can color with.coloring your hair usually a feel good thing so why not feel good?we dont use or reccomend packet colors from supermarkets etc so you may want to check that one yourself.have had ob confirm its ok!!!!!

I coloured my hair during pregnancy.. i waited till after the 1st trimester just to be sure though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast