Thread: Coming off the pill

ConfusedDW Guest

Default Coming off the pill

Just wondering, if I was to fall pregnant coming off the pill.. ie had nookie the day after.
    How would I determin when to test or what my Due Date be...

sorry if I am in the wrong section.

I think you would have to be very lucky to get pg that soon after coming off the BCP, but is not to say it couldn't happen, but that it would be rare. I would still leave it until you think that AF is late before testing. As for EDD, if you BD right in the middle of the cycle, which should technically be around O, you could use your O date to work out a possible EDD.

HTH.

I actually fell pg whilst on the pill, both times. I'm not sure how u tell ur EDD tho

I got pregnant pretty much straight away after coming off the pill (i think a week later or something) - didn't think it was going to happen that quickly so i got a big suprise!

I actually O a week later, because all my preg things said LMP + 1 week, only after my obs did a dating scan as i was trying to convince him i couldn't be as pregnant as he thought i was (DH was away then )

I would ask for a scan around 6 weeks, although my EDD from that was only 1 day of the EDD from my 19 week scan, but apparently it is harder to tell later on.

HTH

i also got pg after coming off BCP. When i stopped taking BCP i got AF straight away, 2 weeks later i got a BFP....so it is possible.

good luck

I fell pregnant with my DD after being off the pill for a week. I know some ppl who have fallen preg whils still on the pill. See if you miss AF and if not, just keep on "trying".
    Goodluck!

i fell pregnant whist changing pills, like from one brand to another, so it does happen.

as the other ladies have said it can happen while u are on the pill and it can happen as soon as you come off it

as for figuring out ur EDD id say get a ultrasound as i thought i was about 5 weeks pregnant when i found out and i was actually 10 weeks pregnant and wouldnt have known unless i had a dating scan to confrim. i was very confused about when i was due as i was on the pill and had no idea when my periods would have "normally" come IYKWIM

I come off October last year, and never fell pregnant until Feb this year. I had been on the pill for 6 years prior.