Thread: Comparing Bellies

Default Comparing Bellies

I feel weird right about now but....

I know I am very small, partially because the baby is sitting posterior or so the midwife tells me, but it still doesn't really make me feel better and I often find myself comparing bellies with other people. Not just random people (well they are random people) but I often flick through Cosmo Preg Mag and compare with them or more often I go to a website that has 'pregnancy models'.

So am I weird????

It sometimes makes me feel better because there are girls who are huge at 30 weeks and other who look just like me, that feeling of relief that I get just never seems to last though but I can't think of anything else I can do to shut my brain off worrying that I am so little. Even the old 'i know she is kicking and punching' doesn't help sometimes.

Anyway this was more of a vent then anything else really. Wanted to get it off my chest and see if anyone else does it.

PS..... Has anyone been having hot flashes?? Its been happening quite often lately and its driving me batty, its embarrassing because I am milky white and go tomato red!!!

How big is your belly?? I am a bit scared as I have seriously popped!! I had a 71cm waist before being preg, it is now 96cm (measured it last night ) and I am all out infront, and I still have 18 weeks to go - I am scared as to how big I am going to get!

I think we are all worried, but every belly is different - check out the Belly Gallery there are so many different bellies in there!!

If you have a smaller belly - you may be luckier and not get any stretch marks!!

Also you could wear different tops to "show it off" I wear a lot of stretchy tops cos I love to show my bump off!! And when I wear baggier clothes I feel fat!

Sorry I havn't had any hot flushes yet, but doesn't mean it won't happen!!

Hey Smudgie's mum

I keep getting told that I am small as well, in fact at a wedding on Friday night a woman leant over and asked if I hadn't made a mistake surely I can be six months along.

My midwife said not to worry about it, everyone carries differently, and in the last months or so when the baby gains the most weight, it might show more then.

Liek you though, sometimes I think I am huge other days I'm not. From the front on you can't really tell unless I wear something completely skin tight.

Don't worry, just means that you might have less weight to lose after your beautiful baby arrives!

I've been having hot flashes as well, its really embarrassing (I'm white white white too!)! Have no idea why or how to stop them, but just thought I'd let you know you aren't alone.

I tell you what I felt like an absolute fatty boomsticks on Thursday, I met a mum2b who was only slightly bigger than me and due in 10 days! I compare with other people - in the BB gallery lol - just to see if I am a big elephant or if I am growing to slow (HA!)... so you're not alone!

Please don't stress about the size of your belly. I have been going through that stress an dhave now decided that I am not going to let anybody tell me how big I should be. I keep getting told that I am tiny and that I should be bigger. All my ultrasounds have come back perfect and my last one even said that my bub might be on the bigger side, so it is just how I am carrying. Be proud of your belly no matter what size!!

Don't worry about it, you can't even begin to compare bellies because there are so many attributing factors that determines how big or what shape it will be. At 34wks pg with my 4th baby I had a 130cm belly circumference! That's huge - and it got bigger too because I grew out of all my mat pants by the end LOL. What I wouldn't give to have a nice, neat and compact little baby belly

And don't dare try to compare to celeb bellies - celebs are usually so much smaller than normal people when they aren't pg - look at all the pics taken of Nicole Kidman - she looks like she is bloated and needs to have a big fart, not have a baby LMAO. And yesterday there was one of Erica Packer in the sunday telegraph, she is due in June and you wouldn't think she was any further along than 4mths.

You can't help but compare bellies. We all do it.

Don't worry about it though. Everyone is different.... it's as simple as that.

Three people I work with (all women) didn't even realise I was pregnant until last week (and I'm 7 months now) and I had to tell two of them. I actually thought my bump was very obvious.

My last scan showed the growth at a week ahead so bump size doesn't mean anything.

OMG the hot flushes are driving me insane as well.

This morning my bub was sitting back, i could feel the pressure on my back and my belly wasnt really big, tonight he has decided to shift all the way forward and i feel like i am going to explode, I was asked tonight if i am sure there is only one in there, something i get asked with every pregnancy alot.

I have big bellies with all my bubs but i also seem to carry alot of fluid, I would love one of those bumbs that looks like a basketball shoved under a top. Instead i look like one is in my pants and two are in my top, ah well all baby bellies are beautiful no matter what the size its whats inside that counts the most.

I've been going to pregnancy yoga at my hospital, and I am constantly comparing myself to others bellies! But its true to say, everyone is different. There was a gilr there last night, who is due at the weekend and she was so small. But then there's others (like me ) who are big.

I also keep geting asked if I'm having twins - even my mil asked the other day! Whats funny with that is, until I was about 28 weeks, she kept saying "its not that big yet is it!"

I'm like Marlene and have got to the point that who cares how big my belly is - I'm healthy and thats what matters.

I have been doing the same except the other day one of Dh best friends was over and his wife is one week behind me (So she'll be 17 weeks today) and she doesn't even look pregnant ... Me ... I am bigger than the cows on the farm

I felt huge and she felt not pregnant just by being in the same room as each other.I also keep getting told the Dr's have made a mistake and that I am definately carrying twins and one is just hiding

I don't think it matters how you show as long as you and bub are healthy, try not to worry about peoples comments either because everyone is an expert no matter their age or gender

BTW - leasha0986 - I hear you on the hot flushes they are terrible. And I love your bump its so round and full. I don't think you look like a fatty boomstick I am about as big if that is any consulation.

Nae x

I think it is very normal to compare, but this is what you are this pregnancy, does'nt mean you will be the same in the next. I have put on too much weight and am quite big, just means I wil have more to lose after the baby, I have a friend who is tiny, she has had three boys and with all her pregnancies she has been able to wear regular clothes until the end and has average size babes. Who knows!!! As long as you and your baby are healthy does'nt matter. Hot flushes are just hormonal at the end I will break out in a sweat, soooo embrassing. But normal.........