Thread: Comparing Fundus Heights

skorpy Guest

Default Comparing Fundus Heights

I personally think i am quite big for what weeks i am,i thought it would be interesting to see what fundus heights we all have at what weeks.

31 weeks my Fundus Height is 27

Although i think i should have put this thread in the General part of the Forum >.<

27cms at 31 weeks is pretty good. Normally however many weeks you are is what your fundus in cms is. eg 31weeks = 31cms but you give or take 3-4 cms anyway and it's still normal.

Me, my fundus at 28 weeks was 30cms. But it does not mean i will have a big baby(although i probably will) its just coz i am short that everything is pushed outwards.

Moving to General Pregnancy Discussion

Love

my fundus height at 32 weeks was 39cm.. so OB has sent me for a scan! yikes.. measured again this week at 34 weeks and im still 39cm.. thankfully. She said that if your fundus measures around how many weeks you are then your baby maybe average size.

Bel

skorpy Guest

Im Average then. Im only 5ft 4,and i am all front. so maybe thats why i feel and look big.And i may be carrying alot of fluid too.

I am having a scan this afternoon.I could have had the scan this morning when i got my Diabetes results as i was worried about how big i was,but i asked to go back in this afternoon because i wanted my hubby to be there.

My fundus height was measuring 27cms when i was 31 weeks.I have to get it checked next OB appointment just to check that bubs is not on the small size.I am not worried.Millana came out 7pounds 4 ounces and that is average size.

skorpy Guest

Turns out after having my scan this afternoon that i am carrying alot of fluid.Baby is about right for what weeks i am.So they want me to have another scan in 2 weeks time to keep an eye on it. Was great seeing my baby yawn though,first time thats happened to me

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Measurement is not always an indicator of how big baby is and is a dangerous way to decide upon inductions etc. Your fundus height can change depending on baby's position, the amount of amnotic fluid - all sorts of things. A long or big baby also doesn't mean a more mature baby - you can have an induction and that wont mean his lungs or immune system would be more mature that that of a small baby. I know many babies that have been induced deemed 'big' but have been born small, or had problems with breathing or nearly had to go to NICU. Please trust your body and your baby, they are the only two things that really know whats going on and what they are doing in the bigger scheme of things. Just because our brain don't know, doesn't mean our body / baby doesn't
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

my doctor also mentioned that not all doctors measure the fundal height as there is a lot of variation involved, eg. some docotors wont start measurment from the same place on pubic bone. so there is a bit of human error that can be involved.

Hi,

im measuring 29cm at 30 weeks,and the doc said that is too big!!!.I was like WHAT!!,
    then he said you need to have a U/S to see the babies size,i then told him i had one the day before and they told me the baby is a good average size.So HA!LOL

I've been measuring about 4-5 cms behind for the whole third trimester so far... was sent in for a ultrasound, and bubs is measuring on the smaller side of average (but very close to it!) - I'm just carrying really small.

Hi,

LoL Emma ,yeah it was a busy day at the antenatal clinic!!!

I think all the bellies got to his head lol

Kirsty77 Guest

@26wks measuring 28wks.