Thread: Concieving Girls

Default Concieving Girls

Someone told me yesterday that it is harder to fall pregnant when trying for a girl then if you were trying for a boy. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this or if anyone has had any experience?

She fell straight away with her two boys and it took 5 months to fall with a girl.

Just curious

Nikki

Nikki, I took 8 mths to get pregnant with my first daughter and then bang, first time with my second daughter!!!

it's amazing how many myths there are out there. i hadn't even heard this one before. but honestly it really makes no difference, the odds are 50/50 either way.

~Belinda~ Guest

Yes I agree with Misty, must be many myths out there!

We decided to start TTC in April this year and fell first go and we're having a little girl! I did the whole "legs rested up on the wall thing" because we really wanted a Bub but unsure if that's what gave us a girl! Who knows!

i have 2 DD which I conceived both 2nd TTC. I thought that trying for a boy would be harder.

Hopefully I will know the answer for myself in early 2008, my DF and i are going to start trying for our much wanted baby boy.

I fell within 3 months with DD1....within 4 weeks after DD1 birth with my 2nd DD.

Both my DD were conceived first try so was my son for that matter. the only story I have hear is that girls are usually stronger than boys so more likely to survive

I've been told girl "swimmers" are slow but strong, and boy 'swimmers' are fast but weak. If you bd very close to O, a boy because he gets to the egg. If you bd before O girl swimmers will survive till egg gets there and boys die off. Hope that made sense!! Every time iv'e bd AT O time, got a boy!!!

Sounds like a myth otherwise there would be lots more males than females in the world. I think there are more males than females but it's not a huge difference.

I agree with Purplemamma. I have heard that if you want a girl have lots of sex and if you want a boy only have sex when you ovulate. I have had friends that have tried this and it worked. It worked for us too.

~Belinda~ Guest

yes well that worked for us too in that case!

Thanks heaps for all your replise we dtd for 4 days in a row and stopped 4 days before ovulation so we will see if it worked for us.

Thanks Nikki

~Belinda~ Guest

hopefully it worked for you!! good luck!

I think this goes back to Shettles timing Method. He says it can take longer to conceive when trying to conceive a girl due to only having intercourse 3 days before ovulation.

This in no way relates to conceiving in the usual manner

BTW... There is lots of evidence now that debunks Shettle's

becky Guest

I fell pregnant with DS after 2 months, and fell pregnant with DD after 1 month. I agree with the other girls, it is a 50/50 chance!