Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: contractions after a fall...

Default contractions after a fall...

I was shopping last thursday night, and i slipped on some yoghurt someone slipped on the ground. I reported it and got it cleaned up, but i think i may have started something. I have been so careful, we've had enough probs, and i just want bubba to stay in me until at least 34/35w. I have been living on panadiene since this happened (it only slightly dulls the pain, but due to suicide attempts in my medical history no-one will prescribe me panadiende forte unless i stay in hospital.) and when DH went to buy some for me the other day, hey would only sell him one pack, and said if i needed any more than that, i should be in hospital. I have had a uterine bleed (i think thats what they called it) which was more dangerous due to the fact im a negative blood type, and an infection, which they think caused the prem labour and the pains, and i was given 10 pana forte tablets and antibiotics and told that i should be fine. But im not, and i've had enough. I had a pain so bad today i was going to call an ambulance if i had another one. DH has told me not to worry about the pains whenever i mention just dropping in to the royal womens for a check up, he doesnt want to risk them wanting me to stay in for observation, as he might have to miss out on some work. Whats more important, money or a life? Im sick of relying on pain killers to cope with this pain, cant get rid of his headache, and i just dont know what to do anymore. I havent been able to get to my antenatal appts as DH takes the car, and i have no way of getting all the way into the city (Carlton is almost the city!!) So i dont evenn know whats going on. I havent had my gd test or anything. Sorry, i know this is more of a vent than anything, but has anyone got any suggestions? Should i go to RWH and get a checkup after DH gets home, and just not stay if there's something going on? i dont know...

I'd ring the RWH and tell them what's happened......if you tell them exactly what you're going through they should be able to give you some good advice over the phone?
    And then go sue the supermarket .....your DH will then be able to take some time off work!
    All the best!

Simone,
    I definately think you need to go to RWH!
    I cant understand that someone from the shop didnt call you a Dr or ambulance!!!
    I know I had a car accident in March (Indah wasnt born til Sept) I was showing & they got the Police to attend incase anything happened & I think it is the Shops negligence for not organising it!
    But for goodness sakes your DH has NFI, ofcourse you need to get bubs checked out!!!
    I'm sorry but I think your Dh is a selfish pr!ck!

i just called him and said we needed to get a check up, that the pains have been slowly getting stronger since the incident, and he said tonight's not convienient, we're having pizza at his dad's place. WTF?? And everytime i go into hosp, they question him and me about my depression, as if thats got something to do with it!! I think thats why he doesn't like going in. and i love it?? All the internals, having to lay still with the CTG on me, while my back is killing me... he just has no idea. he just said "Babe, if i thought you needed to go in, if i thought soemthing was really wrong, dont you think i would have taken you in by now??"

Hmmm, sounds like your DH is as good as a doctor, what with all his knowledge of what you need and don't need.....not!
    Does he think your pains were something to be worried about when you first fell? If not, then definately don't let him stop you from getting a check up tonight! You are the one in pain, and 30 weeks pregnant! If you have to stay overnight for observations, well isn't that a good thing anyway?! Taking half an hour or his lunch break off wont break the budget, and who knows, it might save a big medical expense later on down the track due to early intervention and treatment of what's happening to you!
    Arg! Sometimes men just plain annoy me!

i dont know if it makes much of a difference, but since this headache started up, i've been getting flashy lights in front of my eyes... someone mentioned pre-eclampsia...i hope to god its not, but whats some other symptoms??

i know its me prolly just being paranoid, but i just googled PE, and symptoms say vomiting (had nausea, which i never normally have) pain in upper abdomen (i had put it down to falling over) flashing light (have been having dizzy spells as well, so i thought these were just a variation) and headaches (thought it was the stress) i have to pick DH up from work in Altona, so if we make a deviation, its not that far out of the way to go to RWH. Just take west gate fwy instead of the ring road. or even go to sunshine which is just off the ring road, barely 5 mins off. he cant complain then (oh but he will, missing out of his pizza night at daddy's. But if i tell him everything (which i havent really been, as he tells me im whinging, and he's never heard of a woman be in so much pain constantly thru a pg) maybe he might see that his precious princess may be in danger of coming out early... my goodness, i sound like a crazed woman!!!

Hun, I'm sorry but stuff pizza at your FIL's and GET to the hospital!! NOW This couuld potentially be serious, and frankly your DH should be more supportive,it's your unborn baby for god's sake not just a pain in the side you have, and falling could of done something serious as you said, you have no way of knowing b/c he has the car.

I'm thinking of you angel and I pray everythings ok. ( HUGE HUGS)

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Simone I would definitely go in or call an ambulance. PE can be fatal for you and or your baby, especially when left undiagnosed.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I'm sorry but your DH is being idiotic. He's not caring about your or your baby's health at all. And what the f#$% with it not being convenient because your having pizza at his dad's house, that's rediculous, what's more important you and baby or f#$%^&! pizza? Ignore your husband and go to the hospital. His attitude is simply not good enough.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

If you THINK you have PE you need to get to the hospital asap, especially if you;ve had these symptoms for a while. It would have been picked up if you'd been having your prenatal visits but you haven't so you need this checked out now. Don't even bother waiting to pick up your DH to go later, you need to go now.

I would ignore your DH and his " needs " and start attending to your own. You and the baby are what matters... call the hospital or ambulance... best of luck to you !

i have the car today, but i have to pick him up from altona in an hour. maybe get him to drop me off or something... we had an arguement this morning when i dropped him off at work, and i told him to be nice or i woudlnt pick him up this arvo... so i have to get him. will then have to try and convince him to stop at hosp, just sent him a msg to say we will be stopping off on way home to get check up, and havent got a reply... typical, he'll be ****ed. He says i have munchasens (where you think ur sick for attention) i dont, but would you blame me if i did?? he doesnt give any attention!!! But i wish i was imagining this pain. I cried thru the big pain this morning... was about 2 mins long... geez, i forgot what labour pains were like, dont know if i could go thru them again!! haha im going to hop offline, as i have to go get him, but i'll call the hospital and let them know whats happening... if DH doesnt like it, then he can call me an ambulance from work and take the car and the kids home. then he can still go to daddy's house.

i dont know ANYONE around here, cept dh's family, and they are even lazier than him. i dont know anymore... He says i can have the car tomorrow, and we'll go to a gp. he says we've got stuff to do tonight. i messaged him back telling him he can either come to the hospital with me, dump me off there, or i'll be calling an ambulance. im off girls, if anyone want to contact me Danni, Leslie and Kathryn (i think) have my mobile number. i would post it, but i think it gets taken off anyway... wish me luck, and cross your fingers nothing's happening... Its scary, i've had elevated bp before, but i was induced due to being 42w anyway... raying its not PE...

dh still wouldnt take me. we had a huge fight, he said he'd call the hosp and tell them my depression has caused munchasens or some bull$h!t. he said if i relazed, i'd stop talking myself into all this pain, and if i really was in pain, i'd take myself to the dr's. i dont know any dr's around here, and today was the first time i've had the car in a week. i dont realy know any where to drive to anyway, only been in melbourne 7w. I cannot go on with this pain like this, and i hate calling an ambulance, what if someone dies while they're ferrying me into hospital?? What do i tell them? I'm pg, having some niggley pains, come get me?? I just dont know what to do, his family wont help, and he's gone to daddy's for pizza. I refused to go. just trying to relax, but its not helping...

Simone, seriously, call an ambulance.

There will be enough around that somebody won't die if they come for you.

This could all actually be quite serious - for both you and the baby, you really need to get checked out!

BW

Simone call an ambulance ,it is better to be safe than sorry , and all this additional stress is not doing your baby or you any good either. Stand up for yourself , ignore those who doubt your pain and you will feel much better for having it checked out...

Simone if you are worried, get in a taxi and go to hospital!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast