Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: contractions after a fall...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Simone, I really think you need to work out a way to get there asap. There's nothing more to be said hon, if you care for your own wellbeing and that of your daughter (which I am sure you do) then you need to work out a way to get there, no matter what your partner thinks and you need to swallow your pride and call an ambulance if that's what it takes. I am sure they will understand. There's nothing more we can say to you I am afraid.

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

OMG I can't believe that man! You've got lots of people "virtually" holding your hand right here And just hold on tight to your 2 lovely boys.. they're good therapy

I agree.. don't walk. Seriously, just call the ambulance. The boys can go with you.

my mum might be comin over this weekend, so that will also be help. ill feel like i have some family support.

Simone, you can't wait until the weekend before you get checked out!

You need to get to hospital now. Sorry to be harsh, but would you ever forgive yourself if something happened to your beautiful little princess? Go call that ambulance.

BW

Simone,
    I am so sorry to hear about your fall. I dont know what is the best answer but just wanted to say i hope everything is ok with you and your little one.
    Kellxx

hey, iv just gotten the boys readty, getting myself dressed and pacing a nappy bag, then ill be calling an ambulance. told dh, he said "fine, but remember, you cannot stay in over night, i have to work tomorrow." And now he wont even let my mother and sister, who are coming for the long weekend and arrive 2moro morning, stay in our house, because of some family fight months ago. they're coming to visit, bu also to help me out, give me a bit of a break, as they know Dh doesnt do it. Grrr... life could be so much easier if he wasnt such a d!ck about everything...

when i call the amublance, what do i say to them??

Simone your DH shocks me. Id love to say kick his @ss out the door and dont let him back in your life , but its not in my place to judge other peoples situations.
    I just hope for the sake of the little girl in your belly that you find the courage to dial for that ambulance. Tell them EVERYTHING that you have told us , they will realize the seriousness of the situation... once your in hospital maybe contact a counsellor and explain to them about your DH aswell...
    Keep us updated , we are all worried about you

Just tell them exactly what's going on. You had a fall, having contractions, having discharge, worried.. and can't get to the hospital.

Don't worry about what's happening with family etc staying. Just concentrate on getting to the hospital and checking everything out.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

You tell them exactly what's happened, what has happened in the past and that you have no other way of getting to the hospital.

The girls are absolutely right Simone....dont worry about what the ambos think; just call them and tell them what's happened and that you need to get to the hospital.

My BILs friend is an ambo up here in Brisbane and he told me they have alot of pregnant women call them, esp ones that think theyre in labour. He told me that theyd much rather you call and be ok once at the hospital than not call. Thats what they're there for!

OMG Does anyone have Simones Mobile number so we can get an update on whats happening!! I am in shock! Not only would a be calling an ambo but the police about this negletful husband!

Was it that Danni that offered to help Simone in the past? Perhaps she has her mobile no.

im still here, ryan told me to wait til SIL gets home from playgroup and sk her to take me. I know she wont!! Or wait for him to get home from work, or catch the tram to the dr's. my ankles are cramping, they feel so strange, and im aching... i dont think im in labour as such, but i know there's something not right going on... and for all those of you who read my tmi earlier on, the tissues i wiped the mess up with, i caught a glimpse of the in the bin... they are tinged with green. There is something definately something wrong inside me, and if all you guys can see that without even knowing me, why cant he, when all the evidence has been right in front of him??

dont know if it'll stay up there, but my mobile number is 04 3 222 56 33

Simone,
    You really need to stand up for your self & say no to this man. Don't let himtreat you this way. Even if he thinks its all in your head, surly he could just hummor you for a bit to put your mind at ease!

I'm sorry - but you need to ignore Ryan and do what is best for you and the baby and that is GET CHECKED OUT!!!!! Either call an ambulance or see the GP but don't sit there and wait for others to decide your fate. Why are you still online when you need to be in a far more important place?? Pack up the boys and get thee to a doctor. Now!!

ry said ambulances are for emergencies, and im not one. i would just hate to get int htere, and nothing be wrong, hen i'd come out feeling really stupid, especially since i called an ambulance... i just dont know... i dont want to go against what he says... And he wont humour me, just in case something is wrong, and i might have to stay in. He even told me the other day that he might have to work thru the birth, as we really need the money. Why the hell am i going thru all this pain, just to have to be alone at the birth???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast