Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coping with Hot Weather

Default Coping with Hot Weather

Hi Lovelies,

It's 35 here today (probably hotter but I don't listen to weather reports during the day) and even though I've had the A/C on all day and am in cool clothes, I feel sooooo sick from the heat. Even lying on the couch in front of the A/C with a cool flannel didn't help So, what did/do you do to cope with the heat in summer whilst PG? Swimming is not an option for me...

TIA

MG

Drink lots and lots of icy water, and have a cold shower then lay down naked on towel to dry off in front of the fan or A/C.

You poor thing

ETA - have lots of ice cream too

Percy Guest

Oh dear! I was complaining earlier today as I was so hot! Today was our first real day of summer here in Auckland - it was a "scorching" 23 degrees! (the weather reports words not mine!!! So I guess I should shut up right??!!!

This may sound sucky, but if you can, go to the library for a day and read. Providing there's aircon there!

Or take a book to a shopping centre and read there.

Try to keep "fresh air" happening as much as possible. Remove shoes if you are staying home, and try putting your feet in a cool bath.

And drink lots & lots of water.

I agree with Ambah, lots of icey water and cool showers. I usually just lay in front of a fan and eat icey poles wearing as little clothing as possible.

As many icey drinks as you can stand!! Keep that aircon running! And a shower from time to time with progressively cooler water makes a huge difference!

kirsty Guest

I always found just putting my feet into a bucket (or large bowl) of cold water made me feel cooler instantly (infact I just shared this tip with my pg SIL last nite to help her cope with the hot weather we've been having (several days above 30)

Thanks girls. I am actually addicted to ice chips at the moment. That seems to be my pregnancy thing - so I'm definately into the icy drinks already! I did think of having cool showers but am trying to be drought aware....

Kaz - it's not sucky at all. I had thought of going to the library but DH had the car and I would have either had to walk the 4Km or caught the bus and then walked 2Km - I opted to stay home! Shoes - what are they again? :wink:

Kirsty - I'm in Vic too - this upcoming weather is not looking good! Although Sat and Sun are suppose to be slightly better...

Get DH to drop you at the library in the morning

mmmm, super dooopers. Must get a packet.

Oh Mothergoose I hear you! I am dying with this weather, even with the airconditioning blasting I am still hot. Will have to give the above suggestions a try. Bring on the weekend and the cooler weather.

MG another thing you can do is wet a singlet or t-shirt and knickers before you put them on, put a towel on the couch and lay in front of the fan... aahhh xxx

Keep a couple of inches of cold water in the bath, and just step into it or sit on the side with your feet in the water whenever you need to refreshen.

Lots of ice - ice was my craving too during pg - and cool drinks. Keep the house shut up. Low key activities - surf BB!..

HTH

Ice packs are great and have been a life saver for me as I don't have air con! Oh and ice cream of course lol!

~Jane~ Guest

just from experience, don't decide to go maternity clothes shopping (tried this today good one Jane)

Quote Originally Posted by Netty View Post
    MG another thing you can do is wet a singlet or t-shirt and knickers before you put them on, put a towel on the couch and lay in front of the fan... aahhh xxx
    ROFL - Netty - you just reminded me of a trick we used to pull to keep cool when I was younger - we used to put our knickers in the freezer on boiling days before putting them on. And in Winter we would stick them through the dryer first!

MG in my first pg i used to eat ice non stop... couldnt stand it in labour though!!

With my 2nd pg, i used to have lots of cool bathes (also kept xander cool at the same time) and eat lots of cool things. Swimming is also good (well, more walking then swimming!!)

And with #3, i planned a winter baby LOL!!

Put your clothes in the freezer whilst you have a cool shower by the time you put them on after they will be icy cold!!

that sounds nice renee, i should try that today (and im not even pg!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast