Thread: cramping at 22wks?

Default cramping at 22wks?

Sorry, I feel like every time I get on here I am having a whinge but I really appreciate the advice you ladies (and guys) give. So the BH contrax have lessened a little but now I am getting a lot of period like cramping. I know I got this with DS but I'm sure it was a lot later.

I spoke to my dr (well the receptionist) today and they basically told me to rest. Which is hard when work is calling. So does this mean it's normal and I shouldn't worry? Hubby is away at the moment so I have no idea what to do, I am starting to get a little worried about premature labour. Any help please!

Hi Sara
    First donít worry about having a whinge. If you have a problem or a worry then you are doing the right thing by asking for help.
    At 23 weeks your body is going through a massive change. It is common to get all sorts of aches and pains. Cramping is also a common problem, this is related to the stretching of your muscles and ligaments, it is not necessarily a sign of prem labour. If this cramping is regular (for example happening every 20 mins and lasting for 30 sec) then you should get it checked out. However if the cramping is irregular (for example you get a cramp that last for 5 mins then another after 2 mins that lasts for 40 sec then perhaps nothing for a few hours) this is normal and very common. You mentioned that you had this with DS but later. Again very common, The symptoms that you had in your first pregnancy often present earlier in the second pregnancy.

Thanks Alan. I was getting quite concerned but today everything is back to normal bubba is back to her usual self and the cramps and BH are behaving themselves. Thank you so much for your reassurance