Thread: Cramping...

Default Cramping...

Ok I now it is normal but how much is not, I seem ti be cramping on and off all the time I am probably just worring to much but it sure doesn't feel normal. Who else had this and how bad was it? I feel like it is the first day of my period everytime it happens normally last a few minutes and dissapears.

Lee-Ann Guest

If it's something you're really worried about go and see your doctor to try and ease your mind. During the first 3 months with this pg I suffered cramps, some of them got so bad I had to breathe through them and did worry me a great deal, but as I didn't get any other symptoms I tried not to worry too much about it (easier said than done, I know). I think everyone is different and our bodies are different, some people may not suffer cramps as such. I do remember when I was pg with my first daughter during the first few weeks after I missed AF, I had that feeling like my AF, pain in my lower abdomen was going to arrive any day but it didn't happen.

I hope everything is ok and you have a H & H pregnancy.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Becky

I to had AF like cramping for what seemed like ages.I had it before I found out I was pregnant(around implantation), and also had it after I found out I was pregnant for about 3 weeks till I was about 7 weeks pregnant.I was told by my doc that it is normal.I to panicked thinking its not normal and was shocked to find out it is!It was quite bad cramping to, like really bad AF pain.

becky, i got really bad AF like cramping in the first tri, worse than i ever had with AF!! i called my dr, and he said it is very common and just take panadol. he didnt seem concerned at all. but i know it can be a bit scary! give your dr a call if you are still worried or if you have any bleeding though.

all the best,

Linda

its not really that bad Im not too concerned, Though when I sneeze it really hurtsbut soon goes I have not bleed at all not spotting or anything so hope thats a good sign. Im back to the docs on the 18th so if it is still there then I shall ask more questions

Just thought I'd share my thoughts with you also....I'm 15 weeks today and have had cramping since conception - Doc seems to think it is all normal - all the scans/US sounds were fine.

I suppose it is a matter of getting used to it - I was told that this feeling is actually a positive as it shows the baby is growing.....I think this was to make me feel better, however it makes sense when you think about it.

The cramps seem to come and go though - but in all honesty, especially in the beginning I was expecting to see blood every time I went to the loo.

Just another wonderful part of pregnancy - 25 weeks and counting

Debbie Lee Guest

Becky - I felt like I was getting AF for the first 5-7 weeks of my pregnancy. I was worried about it at the time but I was told it's normal. The crampy feeling went away soon enough

Becky - I cramped fairly constantly during the first 9 or so weeks of being pregnant, then again around 12wks or whenever my 2nd/3rd period would have been had I not been pregnant.

My GP also said that it wasn't a concern as long as it's not excruiating pain that leaves you doubled over or as long as its not accompanied by bleeding or back pain.

Oh forgot to add - I always cramp up around the time I would have normally had a period....I feel like I have PMT without the PM #-o

Becky

Here is another topic that was posted a little while ago that might give you more answers.

Hope this helps - best wishes to you!!

I was in hospital last week with cramping. The thought it may be Urinary Tract INfection, but it wasn't . They couldnt find anything else so we are assuming it's just my body. I did have a friend who cramped all through pregnancy and her bub was born 7 weeks early, so Im starting up accupuncture to prevent a premature birth. xo

alex c Guest

hi...well iv had cramping for quite a while now and im 9 weeks pregnant 2day...i actually get really bad cramping like period pain/stabbing pains it gets really bad sometimes.i also had spotting for a few days so i had to go and have an internal and external ultrasound done and all is well and good so honestly i wouldnt stress to much but still check i out if your concerned...good luck darling and i wish you a very healthy and happy pregnancy

Thanks guys you have helped put my mind at ease it helps to know I am not the only one having this problem, and that ppl have gone on to later stages of pergnancy no prbs at all! thanks to you all!