Thread: Cramping in pregnancy

Default Cramping in pregnancy

Hi ladies,

Just wondering whether anyone has experienced cramping during their first trimester? I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I've just been woken up by a pretty severe cramp. I'm completely freaked out by it, so I can't get back to sleep.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Last edited by First time mummy; March 12th, 2009 at 12:39 AM.

Don't worry honey. I got the same thing for the first three months really badly. It's eased up now but still get the occasional twang of pain.

It's completely normal. I know how easy it is to imagine the worst. I definatly did.
    It's just your uterus stretching.
    Lay down and try not to think about it.

Hope i helped. Good luck!!!

Yes, sounds normal to me. I got a fair bit of on off cramping, twinges etc during the first 10wks or so (with DD and this time around too).

Of course if you are worried you could always get it checked out, but I was told as long as there is no bleeding then it is generally just the uterus stretching etc.

Default Cramps

Thank you sooooo much! I feel relieved now to hear about both your experiences with cramps. I've got my first OB appointment on Monday so I'll mention it to her.

At the moment I feel like I'm completely overanalysing my body and thinking too much about what every change means.

Thanks again for your help

Yes its normal, I had really bad pains first time around, the took my breath away some times. It hasn't been so bad second time around but they were still there. Its makes you paraniod that something is going wrong in the early stages that's for sure and its not something you are warned about.