Thread: cramps

Default cramps

I remember reading that most women in the first 12 weeks have cramping. I have been getting bad cramping on and off this morning. Is there anything I can do to help with this? Is Panadol ok? It just feels like a really dull ache, like bad period pain.

If you feel the need to take it panadol is perfectly safe during pregnancy

Love

i had really bad 'period' pain during first tri. i was so worried something was going wrong. i called my dr and he said it is perfectly normal and totally safe to take panadol. in fact a stressed and in pain mother without panadol is not better than a relaxed mother with panadol. does that make sense? anyway, basically, dont put up with the pain if there is something safe you can do about it,

Linda

Thanks for your advice. As i can't see my Dr for a couple of days it is good to hear from others that have gone through the exact same symptoms. I might just have a couple of panadols. It comes in waves but the wave is not pleasant. It might just help me get through the day at work and then I can have a lay down when I get home. Might get DH to cook dinner tonight I think!

Panadol; in fact so is Panadeine Forte in pregnancy provided it is under the supervision of a GP. They're both class 'A' drugs - safe for pg.

I had the cramps significantly around the time my first & second AFs would have happened post BFP. Freaks you out, but only really something to be concerned about if in conjunction with bleeding or severe pain.

Oh, just make sure you stay away from Asprin!