Thread: Cystitus / Kidney infection??

Default Cystitus / Kidney infection??

I keep having to go to the toilet for a pee, but when I get there I don't really need to go! Now my stomach feels tender, and I feel hot and a bit unwell. Not sure what to do! I can't see my GP until Wednesday.

If I have cystitis, could it potentially harm the baby??

I would also recommend that you see someone asap. Even if it can't be your own GP... Ithink if you are already feeling symptoms as bad as you are that you would need to start on AB's asap...

I also think that you should get it checked out. Until you can make sure that you drink at least 3 liters of water a day, this will help to wash out any infection that you may have.

I did go to out of hours GP in the end. He checked my urine, (which was fine) and then asked me 'you do know the symptoms of pregnancy, don't you?' He was very condacending! How was I meant to know it is the baby leaning on my bladder?

Still, better to get checked out... Thanks

Glad to hear all is well Gwen.. and what a rude GP! Are you still going to your GP on Wednesday?

Nic

What a nasty old GP, I hope he hasn't put you off checking if you have any concerns in future. Its always best to be on the safe side if you're worried.