Thread: 'Dare' Espresso Iced Coffee

Default 'Dare' Espresso Iced Coffee

How much caffeine do you think these have? I usually buy a 600ml one once a week and have it over a day or two (usually a day - they are so yummy!) and I was wondering if they have enough caffeine that I shouldn't be drinking it kwim? the ingredients are Milk, sugar, coffee powder (0.5%), flavours and colour. I would assume that most of the coffee taste is from flavouring? I don't drink coffee any other time or even Coke very often, it's just this drink really.

I don't think I'd be too worried. I have one coffee a day, and occaisionally have an iced coffee too (once a fortnight or so). I think one or two cups of coffee or cola or tea (etc....) a day would be fine for bub.

Nyssa Guest

Apparently, though everyones opinions differ, you can have 300mg of Caffeine a day without ill effects to bub. 1 Mug of Coffee from a cafe has 150mg, so i'd imagine that the flavoured milks have less than that.

I suffer from pretty extremem migraines, and can't take any of my meds atm due to pregnancy and i use to drink short blacks to abate the migraines for short periods, so i find that if i have a coffee, or ice break or whatever once a day, that they are mostly bearable, so i asked about the whole caffeine thing.

Oh, apparently a cup of tea has 50mg of caffeine just in case neone wants to know
    Last edited by Nyssa; April 11th, 2007 at 07:53 PM. Reason: afterthought.

Hmmm I have heaps of caffine every day, like 2 glasses of coke and maybe 3 - 4 cups of tea unless it is a latte day and I have 2 of those. I'll find out in a few weeks if that was bad I guess.

I was drinking a cup a day then at the end I was also drinking a Gloria Jean's pretty much every day as well....kinda got addicted lol...Oskar is fine

I have a very bad coke obsession this pregnancy. I tried to get around it with drinking the caffeine free coke at 1st, but that tasted like crap!!

They say a couple of cups of coffee a day is fine, I have one in the morning and one or two during the day if it is a social day, I just make them a little weaker than usual, especially if it is on a day I have given into my coke cravings - hey, bubs is giving me these cravings, so it must be OK!

I just googled to find out if Dare has caffeine & came across this very old thread LOL!

I find it really weird that there is nothing on the label to say "contains caffeine" wouldn't that mean it doesn't??