Thread: Is Dencorub safe during pg?

Default Is Dencorub safe during pg?

ATM i have the worst shoulder ache (from an injury back in 97') and its been giving me grief. I tried taking some pain relief and heat bags but still continues to ache.

My friend suggested i use Dencorub or something similar. I read the box and it does not mention any thing about it not being able to be used in pg. But i want to make sure. Done a few searches on Google, some sites say its fine to use, others say its not.
    Any ideas?

I have avoided anything like this during my pregnancies. Thats not saying its unsafe - just that I avoided it.
    Best thing to do would be to ask your pharmacist as they have a detailed list of all the things they sell, whats safe and whats not. I guess it depends on the trimester you are in, and what risk is acceptable to you.
    HTH

Brooke,

No not as yet, but i have a doctors appointment on Thursday so i will ask. Check back maybe Friday and ill post what my doc has to say.

Hello, everyone, this is what pharmacists are for!! Yyou don't have to wait or pay money to see them and ask their advice! My local pharmacist is always happy to answer questions, either over the phone or in person, and they refer to the same text that doctors use for information about medications.
    :-)
    Marydean

Don't forget, youc an also use things like the Poisons Information line & also MotherSafe to find out about what is safe to use while PG & BFing.

Mothersafe is perticular good, because they have the most upto date info. As mentioned, Drs & pharmacist use the same text (MIMs) about what is safe to use. They don't always have the most currunt upto date info. So for example, if a new report had been issued about a drug & its use during PG or BFing, the Dr/Pharmacist, may not have that new information yet. Mothersafe does though.

Wow that's so dodgy B456! He should have rang the dr. to confirm! Takes three seconds!

There should be a number to call on the Dencorub package....so call it! They'll know!

Quote Originally Posted by B456
    So Yeh, pretty ****ed about that. Going to report it - don't want to 'Dob" the guy in - but the repurcussions of something like that can be horrendous! Its not the normal chemist i go to...

They are only antibiotics...but still............
    Who do you report it too? I think you should for sure! What if you didn't know the Dr was giving you a lower dose. Say the reason for giving you the lower dose was because of other meds you were taking. Gee's how friggin careless!

Brooke, I just left you a post in the march belly buddies thread, in case you don't see it.

Brooke-

I went to doctors and took my pg brain with me....and like a clown forgot to ask. Even told DH to remind me, but i guess my pg brain wore off on him as well and he forgot too!

I did however go into my local chemist to ask, and one of the ladies simply said NO to it, but suggested heat packs for the area, and panadol if the pain was to bad.

That would be good, but neither work for me. So its just one of them things that ill have to deal with until after baby is born.

I was given the ok to use deep heat when pg wth my first son from my chemist, as i was getting heaps of lower back pain, needless to say, he was born only 1 week later at 28 weeks, so i really dont know if the deep heat had anything to do with it, but i have never used again whilst pregnant.

I was talking to my Ob about severe muscula skeletal pain I was experiencing in the past week and she said I CAN NOT use products like Deep Heat etc but to instead have a hot(ish) bath and apply hot packs. Hope that helps clear that up.

MG

merrie Guest

my ob said dencorub is fine just avoid the voltaren gel