Thread: Did anyone find the sex out at 12 weeks?

Question Did anyone find the sex out at 12 weeks?

I am 13 weeks today and had my NT scan this morning from a very experience sonographer at the hospital.

At first glance he said he is guessing its a boy, pretty sure as the area between the legs was "bulky" which would be a worry if its a girl.

He went back there later on and said "look there" Definitely a bump there so "I would be totally shocked if it WASNT a boy".

Well, my question is, has anyone been told similar and then been wrong at the 18 week u/s or beyond?

I did at 14 weeks and they were right. I had a friend at 13 weeks and they were right too.

So my guess is you're going to have a boy But as Emma said you'll know in another 5 weeks or so anyway How exciting and congrats!

*hugs*
    Cailin

whoo hoo just what i wanted to hear

I never found out the sex of my bub, only because it wouldnt move its knees for us to see....must be a shy bub

My sister found out with her first baby and she was told it was a girl, and it was. However, with her 2nd baby was told it was a boy at first (first scan), then a girl (2nd scan), then definately a boy (3rd scan)........ it turned out being a GIRL. lol.

So with her 3rd child she never got her hopes up with what the scans showed and waited for the outcome. She finally got her little boy 3rd time round.

All the best with future scans.

I didn't, it looks so small at the 12 week u/s, I don't know how you could tell.

I was told boy at 12 weeks and then again at 19 weeks. Have to wait and see though I guess!

We never found out with DD, but we have friends who were told they were having a boy and purchased blue stuff only to give birth to a girl LOL!

Nic

At my 13 week scan I begged the sonographer to guess for me - and she said she thinks it could be a boy.... well she was right!!!
    So I hope yours is too Danni... how exciting!!

Our Ob said he thought it was a boy at the 12w scan, and the sonographer seemed pretty convinced it was a boy at the 19w scan too. Hope they're right because we have no idea what we're going to call it if it's a girl!!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

I was told we were having a girl the second time, but at the 20 week scan found out it was another boy!