Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did/do people rub your belly?

This is number three for me, so its like its open season on my belly, The other day i was getting a little tired of the belly rubbing, but yesterday one of my girlfriends who is desperate for her own was rubbing my belly and it was nice as my belly was actually feeling very tight and itchy lol I laughed and said to her oh keep going im itchy there.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I have had a few friends touch mine and I do it to a few close friends, but no way starngers or ILS ickk.

I had strangwers touch my belly when pregnant with DD"S....I use to work in retail and so sometimes could'nt avoid it..I would just step back away from them when they touched my belly...hopefully that gave them the hint...

I had one SIL who would grab my stomach at any time she could..It use to annoy the $hit out of me...I remember towards the end of my pregnancy i was basically lounge bound and she popped over to drop something off...I told DH to go out the front and get it off her hopefully being able to avoid the annoying belly rub and what does she do??? comes in and reaches over and rubs my belly...next pregnancy I will definately be telling her not touch me...

I've just passed 14 weeks, and I bloat a lot, so usually look waaaay more PG than I really should (even though it's my first). I had a colleague (who I really didn't expect) ask to pat my tummy... (which made me chuckle, first time it had happened to me), so I said yeah, sure... but I didn't have the heart to tell her she wasn't patting baby at all, it's mostly gas, given bubs is still pretty teensy!!! What if it had prompted a fart?!?!? My goodness that might have given the game away! tehehe

Butterfly_Princess Guest

I was at Myer the one day with DP, buying a new doona and pillows..the the lady that was helping us was really nice. When DP went to change pillows, she pounced on me with a million questions and rubbing my tummy. I was a bit shy about it, but i really didnt mind, coz she was so nice..

My parents havent touched my belly, apart from the one time when i told mum to when i had a foot sticking out. My brother ALWAYS pokes my tummy though, which is annoying, and his ex always rubs my tummy, which is annoying too..i think coz she is making a huge fuss about it. I get all embarrassed lol.
    MIL rubs my tummy, and i dont mind at all
    But thats about it really for me.

*thinking back 13 years to my first pregnancy* Um, no, i don't think so... but I think i look quite intimidating LOL I guard my personal space fairly protectively.

I didn't mind people touching my belly, but then almost no one (except of course DH ) touched it. A few friends touched it after asking but no strangers.

Oh I did have this one customer at work though. We had been chatting away about Halloween and costumes and she was super friendly. When i told her i was going as a pregnant nun she got all excited and reached out to touch my belly. Before she got there though she snatched her hand back and looked sheepish and said "whoops I guess I'd better ask first" so of course I let her. She was so happy.

Actually, no one touched my belly until a week ago! Though I think its cos when I am out and someone (stranger) is coming towards me I put my hand on my belly (mostly because I am expecting them to be rude and obnoxious and run straight into me...) and so they don't really have the opportunity because my hand is there lol.

No strangers have touched my belly yet though, only family and a close friend. Hmmmm..... dunno what I'd do if someone tried!

kirsty_lee Guest

LOL the other day I went and seen my parents and dad had his hand on my belly for what seemed like an eternity, Im like "dad wtf are you doing im trying to drink my cuppa" and he's like "i want to feel my grand daughter move and im not giving up till she does" ... so I jokingly said 'maybe i should lay on my back on the floor then she'll move' ... *doh* why did i say that.. next thing i was dragged into the lounge room and dad made me lay on the floor so he could feel her kicking LOL.. only thing was, once he felt her move he didnt want to let me get up again hahaha... spose it's his first grandbaby so i'll let that one slide..hopefully in a few days he will be able to hold her himself

My very first belly rub from someone other than my DF or my mum came from of all people our lunch truck lady at work. I almost died. It was so unexpected. I must have shown my shock as she's never done it again. That was a couple of months ago.

My DF does it all the time (of course). My mum does it when greeting me each time I see her (whilst asking how "our baby" is going..... she's been waiting 14 years for this). My MIL's fiance does it every now and then, he's always been one to give me a hug for no particular reason (and I don't mind). My MIL only does it if prompted to by her son (wish he wouldn't, I'd just rather it happen naturally, not from a prompt).

Hehehehe! Satya I get "how is our baby" from SIL, MIL and an older friend that works for Shel (she's kindof adopted Shel I think). LOL! Hope they remember the 'our' when they have an explosive nappy!

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty_lee View Post
    argh all the time! i had to have dp stop at a servo few months ago so i could pee, and whilst in the bathrooms a complete stranger came up and rubbed my belly.. i looked at her in shock and said "what the hell are you doing?" to which she replies " i love pregnant bellies" i was furious by this stage and replied with " im not f'ing buddah" as i pushed her hand away... i would NEVER do that.. its like a total stranger coming up and putting a finger in your babies mouth!!!
    PMSL... oh how true... Buddha's belly probably doesn't even get rubbed as often I reckon!! I tell you I used to find it sooooo annoying and now I'm sitting here thinking hmmm, do I really want to go through that again?? lol.

OMG I totally LOVE some of the shirts on that site mentioned.... I am soooo going to get me one of those next time... love the ever been slapped by a pregnant chick one.

I haven't really had any strangers touch my belly, only family and friends. It doesn't really bother me at all.

My DH and 3 year old DD are the only people who really touch my belly. I love it when DH rubs my tummy cause my muscles in my tummy always feels so stretched and sore.

Sometimes my brothers have a feel of my tummy, but being my 2nd baby, my mum doesnt seem overally phased on my belly at all this time, cause Ive been there and done it I guess, My MIL gives my tummy a rub sometimes, especially when Im in the way, which happens frequently being so big hehe.

But no way Id let a stranger start rubbing my tummy that would just freak me out hehe.

Hello All,

I noticed this thread and just had to post!

I feel like a Good Luck Buddha!!!!!

I cannot believe the amount of ppl that just automatically assume they are entitled to touch my tummy! I'm only 19 weeks, and there isn't much there but boy oh boy do ppl take liberties!

I've started telling ppl who just touch me that Pregnancy is contagious, I have had some funny looks, but at least it gets them to stop!!!

I don't mind if ppl ask, and if I know them, but I have met some new ppl through friends recently and the SECOND they find out I am pregnant, they start gooing and gagaing and rubbing my belly! EEEK stay away from me crazy person!!!!

I always ask before touching a friends belly and never would I assume to touch someone elses that I didn't know.

~Belinda~ Guest

Yep, people did it to me...I loved it. Some people get offended with it but it never worried me!

No stranger ever touched my belly during my first pregnancy, only some friends and family and only after they'd asked permision first. I would get very angry if some stranger tried and wouldn't hesitate to tell them to back off.

On a slightly different topic, when I was thirty-something weeks pregnant and already huge I had one of the men at work approach me very diffidently and ask in a very cautious manner, "I don't want to offend you, but are you pregnant?" I just had to laugh, if I hadn't been there would have been something seriously wrong with me to have this huge tummy sticking out a mile in front!

kirsty_lee Guest

Lol eugenia, thats funny, but the one thing i've found funny all the way through, is people who want to ask but are scared in case your not LOL the chick at the local pizza place saw me when i was about 35 weeks ran into me and said "oh is there something you should be telling me" and i must say i honestly looked at her blankly for a bit cause i honestly didnt know what she was on about.. and then this look of horror comes over her face and she goes 'oh no nevermind' then tried to change the subject LOL then it clicked that she meant was i pregnant.. and i was like "ohhh you wanna know if im pregnant?" and she's like "yeah!" hahahaha was so funny she was so relieved. Couple of times though i have played pranks on people where when they ask if im pregnant i pretend like im about to cry cause they've offended me, their faces are so priceless !!! lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast