Thread: Did/do you keep a pregnancy diary?

Smile Did/do you keep a pregnancy diary?

I kept a pregnancy diary when pregnant with DD. I've started one again now that I'm pregnant with #2 I think it will be nice to look back over and compare things like what symptoms I got, when and when things happened to refresh my memory! Even though I know each pg can be so different to the next.

Just wondering, who else does?

I did with my first preg I love looking back and pouring over it!

Yeah, I do a lot of journalling (have stacks of books from over the years).

I started a special IVF journal, thinking that I'd need to get my thoughts out onto paper because of the stress of it all but thankfully that IVF journal very quickly became a pregnancy journal.

I have actually kept it and put it in a lovely box that I have decorated for DD that I've called her memory box. I want her to know how special she is and how wanted she is.

Hehe, but yeah, it's fun to read over it - god, I was soooo sick until 25 weeks and most of the entries are about which bush I threw up in on the way to work

I certainly did! I knew I was pregnant from day 1 so I have a complete record! I love reading it. I love remembering what a grumpy bum I was and what was ticking me off, usually something completely minor. I also enjoy reading about the last few days leading up to Moo's birth. Made for very emotional reading around his 1st birthday.

yes basically as soon as i found out i was pregnant with #1 an well enough to go down to the shopping centre i brought a proper preg journal an ive found it great also cutting out ultrasound piccys an gluing them in with pretty stickers its great ive never really kept a journal before an im really enjoying it an also thought it would be great for bubby to read when he/she is old enough an myself just so i never forget how i was week by week!!

I couldn't do it. First time round, no problems, but second time I was so sick with worry the entire time, and hated the thought of having to put it away if we lost the baby that I just stopped - it was doing more harm than good at the time.

I have a blog which has recorded our pregnancies, and hopefully DD and Flicker will enjoy reading it when they get older It has been a really good tool for me to read back on, reflect, vent etc

with DS I wrote down significant dates, when I told people, when I had heartburn (for the *very* first time ever), when we painted his room, when his scans were etc... nothing fancy.. But this time round, I decided I'd try and do it through my blog. I haven't been very diligent with that because I've been busy, but I'm definately going to keep trying!

I did, but more importantly I remembered to print out all of my belly buddy threads and staple them into the diary. I'm sure I said more in those than in the book!

This is something I really want to do this time around as it will more than likely be my last pregnancy, however I'm having trouble getting over the guilt of not doing it with DS

Has anyone kept a diary with a subsequent pregnancy but not the first?