Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you or didnt you?

Smile Did you or didnt you?

Did you or didnt you celebrate Mothers Day while you were pregnant???

I am just curious as to what everyone thinks!!! I would LOVE to celebrate mothers day but DF says no because I am technically not a mum yet but I think I should because I am carrying around this baby and therefor I am a mother-to-be!! I told him that it is not fair and that we are not going to do anything for Fathers Day. LOL

So did you or didnt you??

hi veronica - with my 1st i wasn't pregnant at that time, but maybe if you wait until you have your bub in your arms next year, it might make it all the more special. (although i don't see why you can't shout yourself a mother's day gift now )

We did with DH's family, MIL got me a few gifts too.. was so sweet i cried!!!

Jodie259 Guest

Last year I was pregnant with Shaun when Mothers Day came around - and I insisted I get a mothers day present - and told him exactly what I wanted - pink vibrating slippers. I think he got me a card too. But if I didn't force him to do it, DH wouldn't have done anything.

our family doesn't make a big deal out of mother's and father's day in general, but i would like my DH to say "Happy Mothers Day" to me to acknowledge that i'm a mother now... i think that we definitely classify as mothers! just because our children are still inside us, it's not as if we haven't made any sacrifices for them yet (eg. giving up alcohol and our tight, toned tummies!!).
    i'm not going to say a word to my DH and will wait and see if he says anything...

i know when my sister was PG it was fathers day so i sent her DH a text message saying "Happy Fathers Day" and my sister told me how touched he was by it!

Not a mother yet???? Ummm what's that thing in your belly right now LOL!!

I wasn't pregnant over Mother's Day, but I was on Father's Day & Aaron absolutely got a present - the book, "So You're Going to be a Dad".

Yep we did. Marc bought me a miniature rose bush and I think we went out for lunch. I also got presents from other relatives. But we'd also celebrate fathers day too.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Was only 14wks pg when mother's day came around....still got a couple of smses from fam and even a few people wished me happy mother's day which felt really special as my thoughts were that I really was a mummy already coz I now had the responsibility of growing our baby so he/she came out h&h.

Didn't do the gift thing tho, but really didn't feel like I needed to But then, the following year when I had a bubby sitting on my lap chewing my first mother's day card - that really was truly truly spesh!!!

We had fathers day while I was pregnant. I think I was only about 12-13 weeks. I got hubby something but I dont remember what. LOL Sarah, I got that same book for my hubby as well when I found out I was pregnant. Mothers day didnt happen when I was pregnant so we obvisouly didnt celebrate it.

yep i got my present early hehe i got a white gold necklace with the babies birth stone in it (saphire) for mothers day i think u are a mother now... still have to look out for the babies best interests don't u!!!

Babushka Doll Guest

hmmm, i have been having this debate with DH for a while. And no im not getting a pressie unless bubs shows up before the 13th!

Mmm me too - this little one better make an appearance by then!!!

I would have loved to get something but i didnt DP got something for Fathers day! cant wait to see wat i get this year

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_H View Post
    Not a mother yet???? Ummm what's that thing in your belly right now LOL!!
    LOL Sarah - love that comment!! Maybe they think we have a pillow up our shirt or something???

See, I dont want a gift or anything (but would be nice!!) I would just like DF to acknowledge that it is mothers day and that I am a mother. And going out for dinner would be nice, so I dont need to cook!!

Noni - I love the idea of getting a necklace with your baby's birth stone. I might look for something like that for when I give birth.

Juz said he needs a year to get enough money to buy me a present, I sure hope he is joking, to have Noah out of me will be present enough though

paradise lost Guest

In the UK mothers day's the last sunday in March. Last year my Due date was march 22nd, Mothers day was March 26th and DD came on April 1st. DP said "you're not really a mum yet" and ignored it, even though i expressed a wish to celebrate it (was hard too as only the 2nd mothers day since i lost my own mum). Sadly this level of denial (about him being a dad, rather than me being a mum) remained even after the baby was born, which is one of the reasons i left him.

My friend (and birth partner a few days later) got me a card from her and the bump which made me cry.

Not a mum?? So does that mean you don't have a baby inside you it's something else?? I reackon go for it!

barney Guest

OH OF COURSE YOU SHOULD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast