Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you or didnt you?

When i was preg with Ella Paul bought me a Mother's Day pressie (a big bathrobe like the ones you get in hotels )....but he's always been sweet and bought me MD gifts even from the pets. One year i got a huge bunch of flowers with a card saying "I ruve rou MUM!!! From Rock" (our dog). I still have the card

You are already a mum the second that egg implants as far as i'm concerned so you're at least entitled to a card (there are expecting mother's cards too).

we sort of did.. My husband bought me a lovely frame which now holds our favourite wedding photo. I also recieved a mother to be card

I was at a friends house last night and she has a 4 yo girl. She turned to me and said bummer about me not being a mum for mothers day!! So I had this arguement with her, that I am mum, I am an expecting mum and that I am going to celebrate it this year. She said that I cant cause I am not a mum yet! She was pg with her daughter at mothers day and I think she is a little bitter that he partner didnt do anything.

I had this chat with DF last night and he said that we will celebrate mothers day for me. I was thinking of going out for dinner, but they always hike up the prices on days like that. So a box of chocies will be good enough

becmc Guest

Yes, we did before I had ds. But I alwys got mothers day presents from our two dogs!

Have had mothers day all three pregnancies. Lap up some breakfast in bed, and relaxation!!

HAPPY MOTHER2BE DAY!!!

of course!! and fathers day, and we also bought Christmas presents for buba while in the womb!

I was quite preg by mothers day last year, and DH bought me a gift from the baby, I thought it was sweet, and I think by that stage of my pregnancy it was really important for me that he acknowledged that I was a mother, which meant he was acknowledging he was going to be a father!

Yep, I got a pair of slippers to take to hospital for my first Mothers (to be) Day. I was also proposed to, and got an engagement ring too.

I didn't get anything, DH says I'm not a mother yet. I didn't want anything, I thought the same thing. My dad called me to say happy mothers day to be. I appreciated but didn't appreciate it all in the same go. I'm quite happy to celebrate mothers day when i have my bub in my arms!

My partner wasn't sure whether he should get me anything or not, so he asked people at work. His boss, Heather, told him not to get me anything (***** ) but most of his customers said I did deserve something. I just thought a card and maybe some chocolate or something would be nice. Instead, he ended up getting me the first season of Medium on dvd.

I think we do deserve to celebrate mother's day. We're carrying the child, feeding it, looking after ourselves in order to look after it and we'll be going through a lot of pain very soon!

I was pregnant for my first mothers day. I ended up getting a Happy Meal for mothers day, lol. I had a real cheeseburger thing. lol.

Ellie

When i was preg with DS he was due in August so i missed out by a couple of months but DH got to celebrate fathers day so i told him i wanted a present cause i was doing all the hard work so he bought me a footspa...(which was heaven) and a too cute mother to be card lol.
    This year was really hard as my mum passed away on the 1st May and i couldnt bear to go out and see all the people being happy with their mums... so DH took DS and myself out for lunch and a later we went to the movies. (the only difference was we celebrated on the saturday)
    So i think you should get a lovely card at the very least

We didnt really celebrate it. My mum got me some slippers. Dh told me i could have my new car as my mothers day present (i got it a week early).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12