Thread: Did you get skin tags?

Question Did you get skin tags?

Hi all,

Just a quickie, but for those of you who have been pregnant that got skin tags, did they disappear once you had given birth?

And if they did disappear, how long did it take?

This is my 3rd full term pregnancy, but I have never had any skin tags until NOW.....on my neck (ummmmm, nice, not!) and under my right boob......

I am not all that concerned about the boob one, as it is totally un-noticable, but the ones of my neck seem to be getting bigger & I don't want them to become unsightly...(vain, I know, LOL!)

Any experiences ladies? Please share........

Is that a pregnancy releated thing?
    I never knew that, sorry i can't actually be of any help though.

I think it is Fiona, not sure! But I am sure I have heard of it from other women/read about it somewhere.....god, I hope it is, and not some horrible other problem!!

i grew one under my left boob and unfortunately it hasn't gone away :-(

I didn't get any, but wanted to say yep it is a pregnancy related thing.

Melinda Guest

Yep, it's definitely a PG-related thing from what I have read about it!

motherduck Guest

I also got skin tags while PG and after 14 years they are still hear so no they don't go away but you can get them frozen off if not to big. I know this sounds wierd but my Dad has skin tags and hes never been PG.

Ohhhhhhh Jillian, that has made me skirm in my seat.......I'd rather put up with them I think!

Yup I got them, and they eventually fell off! I was worried, coz I thought I was gonna have all these new little moles all over me.. mainly on my chest. But they've all gone

Oooooooh Jillian!! You gave me chills.

Lucy when I read your post I actually answered you out loud - "me too!!", lol.

I have 4 of them on my neck and one on my tummy. They are only tiny but very ugly so I will definitely get them frozen off after the baby comes. I think theres wart (yuck) stuff that you can use that makes them drop off on their own. You just paint it on apparently.

Oooh Natalie, thank goodness it is not just me. I have since done a heap of Googling on skin tags and apparently they pop up when your metabolism speeds up in pregnancy......and this makes sense for me, as I have not put on any weight and seem to be shrinking despite being heavily pregnant? Bizarre.

Anyway, I will ask my OB re the wart remover stuff.......better than snip snip I think....

Have a look at this about skin conditions during pregnancy:

8. Skin tags. Some pregnant women develop tiny polyps, called skin tags, in areas where skin rubs on clothing or skin rubs together. Commonly found under the arms, between neck folds, or under bra lines on the chest, skin tags are caused by hyperactive growth of a superficial layer of skin. They disappear a few months following delivery, but can be easily excised if they bother you.
    I found it earlier today when i was looking for info on moles, i have loads of them and they are getting bigger and darker, i've even got a new one that i've been cultivating over the last few weeks, its on my leg and i see it every time i go for a pee, its gradually getting darker, of course at 3am this morning i had convinced myself i had skin cancer and would die leaving my 4 kids motherless, so had a look on the internet today to discover that its normal, along with a whole hot of other skin problems, including skin tags, as of course is totally neurotic thoughts in the middle of the night

Taz
    Last edited by Lucy; August 22nd, 2006 at 03:21 PM.

Oh Taz that was funny - you sound like me, lol.

Thanks Taz..........I have taken out the link and added in the info.......