thread: Did you have a Strech & Sweep... and did it work?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Dec 2006
    Melbourne
    3,737

    Hang in there for one more day little one!!?

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    Gold Coast
    471

    I had one done on Friday (my EDD) but no labour as yet either. Loads more BH & some pretty grim discharge but no plug or anything exciting. I was 2cm & "soft & stretchy" too. I was expecting in to hurt but it was surprisingly fine. I have to have another on Thursday but I will be requesting a MW do it again I'm not letting the Ob do it Drs usually make things like that way more painful!

  3. #3
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    I had one at 41+2, started losing plug the next morning and contractions began that afternoon.
    I only scored a 4 on the bishop thingy (so technically unfavourable still), but obviously it helped things along anyway.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Mar 2010
    505

    Well bub is still hanging out in there so I guess it was unsuccessful. It did help me lose my plug and intensify BH.

    Will be seeing if I can have another done Wednesday

    Thanks for all your feedback!