Thread: Did you see a Chiropractor during Pregnancy?

Default Did you see a Chiropractor during Pregnancy?

I am thinking of giving it a go. I have never been to one before. When I was pregnant with DD she never engaged, even in labour so I was thinking it would be a good idea. Make sure everything is aligned properly and get my pelvis ready, etc. Also help to get rid of a bit of back pain.

Can anyone share their experiences??

I did - from around 20 weeks I think it was. I'd been to a chiro years before that but had a long break in between. I went because I was having sciatica trouble and it was pretty much gone within a few weeks, then kept going for the rest of my pregnancy (and continue to now) I went weekly for a few weeks, then fortnightly, then weekly again over the last month.

I do really think it helped with birth too, I can't explain how, but I just felt so good throughout my pregnancy and birth and I think the chiro helped. I laid on a special hollowed out pillow for my tummy so never felt any discomfort, just not very graceful getting on and off the table towards the end there!

Normally they would take x-rays etc before beginning treatment but they won't be able to do that with you already being pregnant, my recommendation would be to ask around and find a chiro really experienced with pregnant mothers. Good luck and hope it helps if that's what you choose to do

I've been seeing a chiro since I had DD2 - about 12 weeks after her birth I think? And still have fortnightly appointments now, and my SPD isn't playing up at all, and I'm feeling better in this pregnancy than I did in my last 2 pregnancies.

So I say go for it!!!

Ive been seeing a chiro for about 2 years now, pregnancy included. I found it really helped my back (not that ive experienced pg without a chiro) i always felt great after my adjustments and my spine remained really straight making my unplanned epidural super easy for the anaesthetist to do!

All the best

If you have never seen one before you may not be able to start now as they will need to take a full set of x-rays of you before they can start. They wont manipulate you without them. You might be best to have Bowen therapy. I have been seeing one for 13 years and saw him with all 4 of my pg's and it did help a lot - I never got a lot of back trouble at all during pg.

I seen an oestopath during both my pregnancies and it was excellent. Between visits to the oestopath i would see a chiro as well.

I started seeing one at about 20 weeks. She is brilliant I still see her and she adjusts me and my ds. I had no back problems during pregnancy and I've always had back problems. I highly recommend it

I saw a chiro for years and not once did he ever take xrays. If your chiro is experienced they do not need them to determine what is wrong. I also saw an osteo and found her to be better actually. The bed has a drop down middle so the tummy was never an issue. But my back and hips blessed this lady lol

Yep, I saw one. But I have also been going for years. I had a bit of back pain during the pregnancy and he didnt heal it but some of the pain was releived

Not a chiro but I did continue seeing my osteopath throughout my pregnancy and I really think it helped significantly with my pelvic instability and back pain

i saw an osteo during PG as well. i thought it was great & would def do it again. i found one that had a special interest in PG (actually, she was PG as well!)

Oh - and my chiro didn't take xrays or anything, I had a report from an earlier xray from a few years ago that showed what was wrong with the bottom of my spine, but thats about it. She doesn't manipulate anything either, she just has a little clicker thingy.

I saw one once, when I was 41+1 weeks. Baby hadn't engaged yet.

I went into labour that evening, baby engaged at some point after the chiro appointment, and I delivered him the next day.

No x-rays, no prior treatment. Obviously don't know if it worked at all, but baby certainly decided he was ready to come within hours of the chiro appt.

I've been seeing a chiro since December last year. I'm not having any back problems (so far) with this pregnancy. I would definitely recommend a chiro to someone, whether they are pregnant or not!

Thanks everyone! I'm definitely going to go!

What's the difference between a chiro and an osteo??

a chiro realigns the bones and an osteo realigns the muscles/ligaments/etc that keeps the bones in place