Thread: Diet Coke

Wilson Guest

Default Diet Coke

Has anyone else been drinking this while pregnant? Anyone know if its bad or what amounts are bad etc

haven't been able to find any info on it...

Wilson Guest

ok thanks Jillian, i didn't drink much at all in the first 2 trimesters couldn't stand the taste but have been drinking more of it lately the last 2 months prob and i am just worrying now, not that i can do anything about it anyways as its done now but my brain obviously needs something else to worry about.... 8-[

DoubleK Guest

i know there was a post on this not too long ago.. not sure where it would be tho!

i drink a lot of regular coke, as much as i try to cut back and STOP completely.. i can't!!!

sorry im not much help!

It would be the caffeine that's a worry, so maybe you should follow coffee rules, no more than 3 cups a day!

I always have a can of diet coke with lunch. I was worried when I was pg about the caffeine and I only drank decaff tea, but couldn't give up the diet coke, so I just bought decaff diet coke. It is hard to find, but now woollies sell decaff diet coke in cans.

Maybe you could try this? It still tastes the same.

I have read that artificial sweeteners should be avoided during pg because of increased risk of cancer in the fetus/child. Suffice to say I have given up sweeteners, alond with caffiene, oysters, soft cheeses, procesed meats, smoked foods, peanuts (can cause nut allergies) and alcohol. IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS so I wonder what is worse for a baby - a "not-so-healthy diet" or a MOTHER WHO IS SICK OF NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT SHE WANTS - LOL

I loved Cherry Coke while PG with Glenn. I could only find it at the BP servo up the rd from my work & they would always say "you know you have grabbed the cherry one" I would say yep, I'm pregnant!. Everyone I know who knows I like it thought I was weird.

I was givena slab of little cans of Coke zero. But I am wondering if I shouldn't drink it now because of the artifical sweeteners??

I spoke to my FIL about this (he's a GP) and he suggested that if I desperately wanted to drink some caffeine based softdrink; to chose coke over diet coke due to the sugar substitutes/chemicals in the diet coke.

I now drink caffeine free diet coke; and really wish that while I was pregnant that they could have made caffeine free coke! *LOL*

The two sweetners used in diet coke are #952 and #954 I think....aspartame is neither of these according to the national food standards.

I tried to cut back too, but don't drink coffee or much tea, so I try to stick to the 3 cups a day rolu too