Thread: diferent pregnancy symptoms with each gender

tianar Guest

Default diferent pregnancy symptoms with each gender

Just wondering for ladies who have had 2 or more babies, did u have different prego symptoms with different genders. My first was a girl and i didnt even feel pregnant, no sickness & strangely even when i went for my first u/s at 20 wks i was expecting technician to say i wasnt even pregnant. Im now 12 wks and i feel sick as a dog right from the start and crave completely different foods. Could this mean im having a boy or are all pregnancies just different

Well I certainly don't remember feeling this tired with my previous 2 PG's and I had some nasty m/s for longer that the others too. I'll find out soon enough if it's related to the gender of the baby \/

*Edited to add: I am expecting another boy so I can say that in my case my symptoms were more severe, but that was nothing to do with the gender of the baby!*

I have one boy and one girl and one on the way

With DS I had no idea I was pg, it was like in the movies I was at college and just kept feeling sick everyday for about 5 weeks and could not shake it i was having major dizzy spells and had to keep going in to the toilet just to sit down, I then realised that af was late so tested and sure enough I was pg about 6-7 weeks and the ms just got worse I had to leave college and spent everyday in bed as if I moved I was throwing up, I was sick everyday of the whole pg ( I actually gave myself a black eye on the toilet seat as I threw my head down and pushed the seat up and hit my eye on it, it was funny ) I carried Peiter like a watermellon

With DD I had been feeling great and got this massive craving for raw carrots and just couldn't stop eating them and I am not a huge carrot fan so I did a hpt and I was 3 wks pg, I only craved healthy fruit and veg for the first 7 -8 months I was addicted to tomatoes and salads I lost about 15 kg whlie pg with her which was nothing to worry about as it was because I was eating soooo well, I only had a little ms with dd for about a month or 2 nothing major but was still very tired all of the time, I carried her like a basket ball.

With no. 3 ms hit about 2 weeks ago now and is here with a vengence I am extreemly tired and when I am hungry I can not work out what I want which makes life a little difficult I have had cravings for Barnical Bills and KFC , salty hot chips and thats about it so far my belly has grown already which is a lottle weird as I didnt even show until 6 mths with ds and about 5 mths with dd so who knows what we are having this time, I am kind of thinking a girl as ms didn't start until week 6 but who knows I guess we will have to wait and see with our scan.

Hi - when I was pregnant with Cait I had no morning sickness and couldn't eat lemon chicken (my fave). With Alexander I was stick until 30 weeks and could eat lemon chicken !

Craved cold things and went waaaaaay off the smell of cigarettes both times.

Barb.

I have had much worse morning sckness, tiredness and every other complaint you could have with this pregnancy in contrast with the last where I had 4 weeks of m/s (quezzy only feeling) and was pretty much normal the rest of the time - they reckon this ones a boy as was the last so unless they've got it wrong the theory of differeing pregnancies being different gender hasn't applied to me.

Personally i have had two boys and both pg's were the same, no sickness, the small of food made me nauseous though. My SIL however has a boy and a girl and her pg's were definatly different. She had m/s with her daughter almost the whole way through and shockning reflux, neither of these with her DS.

I have 2 boys & both PG where different. #1 I had no symptoms at all #2 I felt car sick all the time till about 12 weeks.

Thsi time round I have had the same car sick feeling but it seems to have easied. But I am thinking it will be a boy again.

I have had morning sickness (to the point of vomitting for 4/5 weeks straight up to 12 weeks) with my first two kids. This pregnancy, only a bit of nausea and 'not feeling hungry' but know I have to eat.

First two kids were girl and boy. This one is a girl again. So didn't add up for me. People kept telling me I was having a boy because no bad morning sickness. But just goes to show all pregnancies are different.

Cathy