Thread: Dizzy spells

Default Dizzy spells

Hi Ladies

Just wondering if I have anything to be worried about here:

The past few days I've noticed that I seem to be drinking some form of liquid ALL the time... I'm so thirsty its unbelievable... nothing seems to quench my thirst. I even wake up in the night to have drinks now and then tonight I started getting head spins quite badly even sitting or laying down. Even closing my eyes I still feel like I'm on boat. I've also had a slight headache and I've been extra tired (on top of the normal amount of tired LOL) - all in the past 2 or 3 days...

Does this sounds like anything to be paranoid about or just normal PG stuff?

Thanks so much!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Lea

I had really bad dizzy spells with Gemma and uncontrollable thirst as well. I was waking about 2-3 times a night for drinks. I'd go see your g.p or perhaps ring your midwife just incase as it could be bp related.

Goodluck hun....oh and these symptoms are normal for pregnancy!

THey all sound like normal PG related things to me, except a few of them share the GD or diabetes symptoms as well, so definately mention this to your OB.midwife because they can check that out to be sure. I have been having dizzy/fainting spells and drinking 3 litres a day and have had really low BP this time around, but I am only 8 weeks.

Thanks so much guyes - I was more worried that because it just started so suddenly it meant something was wrong! Feel a little better knowing that it's not too out of the ordinary! My BP was a bit high the last time I went so that's mainly what I'm concerned about.

I will mention it to the midwifes at my next appointment any way. Maybe Emerson is just having a growth spurt!!

Thanks again!