Thread: Do I have to throw this CHOCCOLATE out??

Default Do I have to throw this CHOCCOLATE out??

OK so I have HUGE cravings for choccie and someone at work has one of those kids fundraser packs here - so I got a small block of Top Deck and I just openeding it and it has discoloured. Its like when choccolate gets hot and then back again - so has some whitish discoloration. Its not passed its used by date either.

Would this chocc be safe to eat while preg?

I have NEVER thrown choccolate out b4!!

Cheers
    Kate

ide still eat it but thats me :P hopefully someone can come give u a good reason why not to eat it before i come steal it off you!!! lol

I'd eat it - because I couldn't possibly think of any reason not to - I don't think you can get food poisoning from chocolate and I'd say that there is ZERO chance of listeria (I don't think its something that lives in that type of food) - these are the big issues in pregnancy I'd say go for yummo

Ill fight you for it Hollye!! hehehe

Its calling my name!!!

Yes absolutely throw it out... or actually, on second thought, send it to me and I'll ... dispose of it ... for you

ETA: P.S. I'm just being silly! Go ahead, eat it. Just think of me, all chocolate-less because my dear partner decided to eat the last of my turkish delight last night. Just because I didn't feel like chocolate at THAT EXACT TIME she thought it meant I didn't want it at all and so she ate the rest of it. GRRRRRRRRRRR!

I've never eaten it but thats just cause i get put off by the look of things, if they dont look nice or right i wont eat it (i'm very fussy) but if i wasnt such a weirdo id eat it. It's prob just the heat thats seperated it and then the cold/coolness has put most of it back together (or it could have been frozen)

I keep a bag of funsize kit-kat's and bertie beatles in the cupboard for when i have a choc craving (i secretly tell everyone they are suprises for DD, hehe)

I'm sorry...throw chocolate out?!?!? Are you crazy??!?! LOL

Nah, it'll be fine. Eat away.

Or send it to me. I'll eat it.

Leasha!! thats just plain rude!!! :P lol

bcoz of this chocky discussion i have just gotten home from coles after buying a block of caramello and an mint aero bar!! yum yum yum!

Thanks ladies

I know who would ever throw out choccie!! But I gave it away (please dont hurt me to much!!) coz it just didnt taste right - but dont worry coz I will be purchasing some on my way home!! MMMMMM

Better to be safe than sorry, hope i didnt put you off. Atleast you/bubs get your choccie fix

hi;
    theres nothing wrong with the chocolate so long as it in in date! the discolouration is due to the cooling process. If chocolate is not cooled correctly at an even temp then the chocolate changes colour, but thats all that is wrong with it!!!!
    Eat it, and enjoy it!!!!
    :P
    HTH

Justine

I was going to say what babybeans said. Its called a 'bloom'. Its where the chocolate has been heated then cooled too quickly. EG the seller may have had them in the car and they melted abit so she threw them in the fridge - this will cause discolouration but shouldnt affect the taste too much.