Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Do I have to throw this CHOCCOLATE out??

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in Love!
    Posts
    2,586

    Default Do I have to throw this CHOCCOLATE out??

    OK so I have HUGE cravings for choccie and someone at work has one of those kids fundraser packs here - so I got a small block of Top Deck and I just openeding it and it has discoloured. Its like when choccolate gets hot and then back again - so has some whitish discoloration. Its not passed its used by date either.

    Would this chocc be safe to eat while preg?



    I have NEVER thrown choccolate out b4!!

    Cheers
    Kate

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Country Victoria
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    ide still eat it but thats me :P hopefully someone can come give u a good reason why not to eat it before i come steal it off you!!! lol

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cronulla
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    I'd eat it - because I couldn't possibly think of any reason not to - I don't think you can get food poisoning from chocolate and I'd say that there is ZERO chance of listeria (I don't think its something that lives in that type of food) - these are the big issues in pregnancy I'd say go for yummo

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in Love!
    Posts
    2,586

    Default

    Ill fight you for it Hollye!! hehehe

    Its calling my name!!!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    5,325

    Default

    Yes absolutely throw it out... or actually, on second thought, send it to me and I'll ... dispose of it ... for you

    ETA: P.S. I'm just being silly! Go ahead, eat it. Just think of me, all chocolate-less because my dear partner decided to eat the last of my turkish delight last night. Just because I didn't feel like chocolate at THAT EXACT TIME she thought it meant I didn't want it at all and so she ate the rest of it. GRRRRRRRRRRR!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S.E Suburbs, VIC
    Posts
    698

    Default

    I've never eaten it but thats just cause i get put off by the look of things, if they dont look nice or right i wont eat it (i'm very fussy) but if i wasnt such a weirdo id eat it. It's prob just the heat thats seperated it and then the cold/coolness has put most of it back together (or it could have been frozen)

    I keep a bag of funsize kit-kat's and bertie beatles in the cupboard for when i have a choc craving (i secretly tell everyone they are suprises for DD, hehe)

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunny Qld
    Posts
    14,694

    Default

    I'm sorry...throw chocolate out?!?!? Are you crazy??!?! LOL

    Nah, it'll be fine. Eat away.

    Or send it to me. I'll eat it.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Country Victoria
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    Leasha!! thats just plain rude!!! :P lol

    bcoz of this chocky discussion i have just gotten home from coles after buying a block of caramello and an mint aero bar!! yum yum yum!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in Love!
    Posts
    2,586

    Default

    Thanks ladies

    I know who would ever throw out choccie!! But I gave it away (please dont hurt me to much!!) coz it just didnt taste right - but dont worry coz I will be purchasing some on my way home!! MMMMMM

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    S.E Suburbs, VIC
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Better to be safe than sorry, hope i didnt put you off. Atleast you/bubs get your choccie fix

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    with the fairies and butterflies
    Posts
    2,544

    Default

    hi;
    theres nothing wrong with the chocolate so long as it in in date! the discolouration is due to the cooling process. If chocolate is not cooled correctly at an even temp then the chocolate changes colour, but thats all that is wrong with it!!!!
    Eat it, and enjoy it!!!!
    :P
    HTH

    Justine

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newcastle NSW
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    I was going to say what babybeans said. Its called a 'bloom'. Its where the chocolate has been heated then cooled too quickly. EG the seller may have had them in the car and they melted abit so she threw them in the fridge - this will cause discolouration but shouldnt affect the taste too much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •