Thread: Do you and DH talk to your bubba?

Default Do you and DH talk to your bubba?

Hi all,

I was just wondering if you and your DH talk/play music to your bubba and if so what do you say etc?

My DH finds it funny talking to my stomach and I don't think he can quite comprehend that they can hear things now.

Any suggestions???

Floss xxx

Hi,
    My DP talks to our bub all the time!!! lol
    I make him kiss my belly and chat to bub. Make him aware that bub can hear him, adn they will probably bond a little better as bub will be used to his voice.
    Every second week DP is on night shift, so when he calls me on his break, I put him on loud speaker and he blows kisses through the phone and tells bub that he loves 'it'.
    It's so cute, and DP is so cute when you look at his face while doing it. He's got the biggest grin!!
    He's going to be the best father ever!!!

Hi Flossie

My DH talks to the baby - when he is around that is LOL!! He did with DS1 and 2 as well.

From about 20 weeks with all three pregnancies I have played music to the baby. I always do this when I first hop into bed and play a variety of tunes. With DS1 he was overloaded with Jack Johnson while DS2 got a lot of classical music. So far this baby has had a bit of everything. I put the head phones on my ipaq onto my stpmach and away we go. With DS1 and 2 the music normally always got them moving.

It is probably just coincidence but both DS1 and 2 love music now and DS1 is always playing "marching bands" and loves singing. I know a lot of kids are like this anyway but I wonder if it had something to do with the music I played to them before they were born.

Take care
    jem

I have heard that if you playthe same music (i think they recommend Mozart but I may be wrong) to them from about 22 wk onwards when yuo are going to bed, they will find this v soothing later... who knows if true but a nice idea.

My DH talks and sings to the baby, and kisses my tummy. Sometimes, he even puts a doona over his head when he's talking to Bean so that they can have 'Daddy/baby time without mummy listening in' - so cute! My baby definitely responds to DH's voice and will kick when he hears him talking - if DH has his face pressed up against my tummy, he sometimes gets a little kick in the cheek lol.

My DH also finds it a bit wierd to talk to my belly. I do what Fletch does, but I don't sit there and have convos with the kid.

The baby definitely knows when DH is around though, and kicks when he hears his voice when he comes home from work. I wonder if this is cos he likes him, or because he doesn't? lol!

I made DH kiss my tummy the other day, but think I will get him to talk more to my belly.
    He was trying to 'hear' Jellybean moving the other night and got 2 big kicks in the ear and cheek - so funny!!!

We talk to Bob all the time. My mum talks to him too as does one of my nieces. I think it helps everybody connect to him. I feel like I know him already

We both talked a lot to her before she was born., and rubbed my belly and things like that. I dont even remember wat we would say though.. DH would pretend to have entire conversations with my belly and he would also kiss it too.

I have chats to my belly and belly rubs. My DH will give my belly little tickles and rubs but doesn't get the whole talking thing to it yet. He read in a pg book that they can't hear yet so he doesn't bother. I prefer to because I'm sure that even if baby can't hear me, they would be able to 'feel' the talking.
    Can't wait until we can have more interaction in a few weeks time... Definately going to do the music thing, we listen in the car on the way to and from work (hour each way) so theres some music time with bubs.

Dh used to have a chat to Riley everynight before we went to sleep and both the girls especially Erin would chat to him too. DH used to play music to him and he really loves music now- he played all sorts of music. Its funny now with Riley, and I found this with the girls too, because I am a teacher they are all used to the sound of lots of children and are not bothered by it. Riley could be in the playground as a newborn and not bat an eyelid from the noise whereas he has friends who freak at the sound of more than one older child! Also I used to teach next door to a really loud teacher who little kids are scared of and Riley and I were in her room when he was about 4 months old and she was shouting at her Yr6 and R. was smiling!! (we said it was a soothing womb noise to him!)
    DH used to chat about his day to the baby and what they would do when bubs was born etc. I was surprised he felt comfortable with it cause he's not very demonstrative but he loved it.

Maddy loved heavy rock as baby & punk music (probably coz I spent alot of my pregnancy out in Bali with my then P (cant say D) watching his mates & him in bands & so she loved loud heavy music!!! She still likes hardcore stuff which is good coz DH's bro is in a Blainese Punk band & jam at the house so Maddy is always up there with the band..
    With Indah I played alot of Usher in the car, Bob Marley & Lenny Kravitz.. Indah loves music & will sit with DH & watch him play guitar & watch the Bob Marley tribute concert DVD's over & over...
    I have been playing Lauryn Hill's song 'To Zion' every morning on the way to work & singing to Zyon, he kicks & I know that means he loves it... There will be no Mozart in our house..

Dh talks to Zyon at night or Maddy will read books to my tummy & Indah just kisses my belly saying baby over & over!!!

When I am alone I tell Zyon things, secrets after all he can tell... hee hee!

Lately we've been telling this one it's time to leave and come out and play!! DH talks to my belly sometimes and then sniggers or does a raspberry on it. I'll ask what it thinks it's doing when it starts to get overly active. That's about it though.

Cherie, the daddy/baby time is sooooo cute!!

DH and I talked to Harrison every day... I believe he recogises our voices as he turns his head toward us when either of us talk to him.
    We played him all kinds of music, from Vivaldi to Marilyn Manson... He seemed to love The Beatles, Led Zepplin and Pearl Jam and he still does... either that or they bore him to sleep!!! lol

Happy due date Ozziehoffy

My dh says goodmorning and good night to our littley. He used to talk to my girls as well. I made up songs for my girls and used to sing to them while i was in the shower. I'll need to make one up for this little one now. My girls talk to my belly all the time (they put their mouth right on my belly button and it tickles so much lol)

I talk to my bubble all the time! I ask how it is doing in there, did it like breakfast etc....LOL Some people must think I'm strange if they overhear me.. My hubby talks to bubble too and keeps telling bub to kick so he can feel it (that's gonna be a few weeks yet!).

Thanks girls. I was telling DH some of your stories last night and how your bubbas moved about when spoken to or rubbed. Jellybean wasn't moving much last night and he was kissing and rubbing my belly while watching Family Guy LOL.

I think Jellybean will think Dave Hughes from Nova is the daddy as I listen to it every morning and Jellybean is always kicking. Will see what he/she is like when I se Hughesy Live in a few weeks