Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel any different right before..

Question Do you feel any different right before..

Your waters break?

Is there any pressure, discomfort at all?

Can you just 'know' its about to happen?

I felt it happen with DS. As it happened though, nothing before that.
    I went to lay down & there was a wierd sharp 'pop' feeling & a slight gush, lol.
    I never felt it with either of my girls. Was asleep when DD1's broke & had ARM with DD2 as she was crowning.

Not me... I was just standing in the bathroom, calmly brushing my hair and POP But I did become a super nesting monster for the 24 hours before that... Could not stop myself organising, pulling apart and reorganising bubs room!

I only had my waters break before one of my labours (the twins). I was in bed and felt weird so I got up to go to the loo when they gushed all over the floor. With the rest of my kids (including the 2nd twin) my waters broke either with the crowning of the head, or just before, and any sensation that they were about to go was lost amid 2nd stage and all that entails.

Um no i was in full on labour both times so i wasnt thinking too much haha

I felt quite a lot of discomfort before #1's waters broke, but I'd say that had a lot to do with me being in established labour and only having an hour of labour to go.

With #2, the pop woke me up in the middle of the night, so I didn't feel a thing before there.

Nope!
    mine broke with DD1 after i'd been labouring for about 20 hours.
    and with DD2 i was nice and comfy in bed when i felt a trickly, stood up and flooded the bedroom! hahaha

Default Do you feel any different right before..

No didn't know I was in labour with dd1, just thought it was just a sore back but I was already about 5cm dialated and it gushed out when I went to the loo. With dd2 I knew I was having contractions but I had pre labour for two weeks so it wasn't unusual, felt a leak in the shower, it kept happening but they still had to break my waters a few hours later.

No different...I was in bed when the contractions started and couldn't sleep after that so got up and started walking around the house for no reason like a crazed woman. I didn't have a pop as such, just a sudden trickle like I had wet myself. I too had been nesting like mad, cleaning, washing, folding baby clothes for the 12 hours of so earlier.

thanks ladies.

I'm just feeling lots of pressure down low, i felt 'wet' down there before i had to check to see if my waters had broken..

It is possible to just leak a little. I did with DD1. I could feel it though.
    You can also loose your hind waters. I'm not sure how that works though.

I actually heard and felt a 'pop' and then felt that feeling you get when you know you're about to have a flow of discharge. I ran from bed to the ensuite and made it just as my waters broke - flooded the floor

My waters have only broken twice naturally. The first time, I squatted down to pick something up of the floor and I felt a pop! I went to the loo and I'd had my show... I had a slow leak right until I delivered DS1 7 hours later.

The 2nd time I was in established labour and I was laying down in bed when I felt & heard the pop. I told my Dh to put down towels between our bed & ensuite so I could go for a shower. Bub was born about 1.5hrs later.

I was sure i had broken my waters yesterday.. i had a bath and i bent down to dry my legs and i heard a weird pop so i stood up and just stood still but there was nothing so maybe the pop i heard was my back or hip or something LOL

Ah i think im focusing too much on everything.

Nope, no warning, not even a hint as to what was going to happen and they broke while I was driving my car, by the time I got home I was soaked to my knees and with every push of the break or accelerator I had a gush, lucky I had an Auto at the time got a manual now, so hopefully it doesn't happen while driving this time!

Default Do you feel any different right before..

Nope! Just "pop" then gush! The leather peeling off the lounge I was sitting on at the time is testament to the surprise factor

I had mine broken both times so not really sure...

With DS1 I'd woken at 2am with pressure down there that felt like i was busting to go to the toilet, which I thought was strange cause I'd only done my midnight pee less then an hour before. I sat on the toilet and it gushed- though i didn't realise it was my waters that had broken. It wasn't until my 2nd undie change that i realised i wasn't wetting myself with the remaining small trickle. After that my tummy shape had changed alot- it had really dropped and kinda deflated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast