Thread: Does this mean anything?

Default Does this mean anything?

With Lily I started to leak colostrum at around 20 weeks. This time i'm 23 weeks already and theres nothing there at all. Will this affect me feeding bub? I have my heart set on BF and now i'm freaking out that i won't be able to

Don't worry Tegan same thing happened with me and Seth, I had no way near as much with him as I did with Paris but I still had heaps (and still do!) when he was born.

I worried about the exact same thing!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Tegan, i didn't leak any colostrum at all for my first pregnancy.. I didn't think it was anything to worry about. Al attached and got the first drops just after he was born.

Don't worry about it..I think our bodies are so amazing to do what they do. Just observe and trust that it will be okay. all the best for the rest of your pregnancy.

Tegan, don't stress! I wasn't able to express anything at all until the birth of my 2nd even though I had only stopped BFing a few months before.
    Even this time round Glenn only feeds to sleep & thats maybe all of 10 minutes in 24 hours. But I can't hand express anything at all. It actually has me wondering if he is getting anything or its just pure comfort sucking to sleep. Either way I don't mind!

But every one is different so don't stress over there not being anything that you can express there yet.

I didn't leak a drop when I was pregnant with Emily. By the time she was 4 days old I had enough milk to feed THREE babies! Even after the initial engorgment settled down I always had an oversupply.
    Don't worry, it means absolutely nothing whether you leak or not when you're pregnant

Thanks for the reassurence girls, you've made me feel better about it.

Tegan - I had virtually nothing with #2 after tonnes with #1- could barely squeeze out two drops by 37 weeks. My little boy has put on 200g in three days since the milk came in four days after a c/section birth so I seem to have more than enough.