Thread: does pelvic pain get worse 2nd time around

ttcno2 Guest

Default does pelvic pain get worse 2nd time around

i was just casually reading through another post when souls comment "pelvic pain is worse second time around" struck fear into my heart! i had it really bad last time and dont know how i will go if it is worse this time???
    does it always happen like that? does it depend on your birth? (i had vaginal birth last time with no probs afterwards or during)
    it hasnt kicked in yet (im only 11 weeks)...is there anything that can be done to prevent it? more rest? more exercise? im pretty active/fit and still am doing gentle jogging/swimming/bike riding every few days...do you think this would make it better or worse?
    i tell you, preg sucks. where on earth did the adjective "glowing" come from??? "glowering" is more like it...

ttcno2 Guest

poor thing caro...
    i hope you can get some relief..i guess you know all the stuff about physio, brace, pillows for sleeping etc?
    i found by 30 weeks that i had to be VERY careful about how much i did during the day..it was definitely much worse if id been more active - so take it easy!
    i hope it doesnt kick in too early for me!!

I remember with my second pg that it wasn't nearly as bad as the first time - towards the end of my first pg I could hardly walk without pain, but it was due to his position - his head was sitting right on my pelvic bone for ages. It did get a bit worse again with #3, but she was a very long baby, so she sort of had nowhere to go and just ended up pushing on everything she shouldn't have I guess.

My second episode of SPD wasn't as bad as the first, but mind you, I had a toddler underfoot so didn't really have time to think about the pain because life went on regardless.

My last pregnancy ended at 15w4d but I hadn't started to show any signs of SPD by then. This time however, I'm 9w3d and I'm starting to feel a little bit of pelvic pain already. This could be related to a hip injury that I had a few weeks ago and I hope it is, but I don't know if I could be that lucky.

Thankfully, my other children are older now and they can do a heap to help out (whether they like it or not) but I'm still dreading it.

Lisa

Cherryrose Guest

I had SPD for my last 2 pregnancies. The pain was slightly worse second time around, it certainly wasnt any better. I am expecting it again for this pregnancy, as last time the doctor said that once you suffer it you are likely to get it again in future pregnancies. Mine always started around 18 weeks, and was so bad that in both pregnancies I had to be induced 2 weeks early as I could hardly move.

Yes, I was induced at 38 weeks with my 9 year old because of SPD and was SUPPOSED to have been induced at 38 weeks with my 7 year old but he foiled us and arrived 2 days before his induction date. I'm still amazed that I managed to give birth to him with nothing but gas and air. Mind you, I did get stuck on my hands and knees because at the last minute my pelvis "clicked" and I couldn't get over onto my back, but at least I got him out! LOL

Lisa

This is the first pregnancy I have suffered from SPD in... I had some pelvic pain after birthing James... and nothing with either Madeleine or Noah.
    So, I don't think it gets worse with the next pregnancy... I personally think it is all to do with the baby you're carrying... position, size etc.

I never had anything like this with my first - but this one is just constant agony & has been since i was about 15 weeks. I hope its just bubs sitting low. Very common though.
    My SIL didnt have it with her first either but already has it with the second, she's only 2 1/2 months.