Thread: does your belly button pop overnight

Default does your belly button pop overnight

Ok this is a silly question, but I want to know whether your belly button pops out over night, or whether this is a gradual thing?

My mum says that this was the worst part of her pregnancy, and it drove her crazy up until the birth.

Default reply

Not sure Ray ray, mine didn't coz I've got a spaz one lol!

I think it pops later in the pregnancy,third trimester,when everythings tighter and not much room left,but I could very well be wrong. xx O

My belly button didn't pop out, it just flattened out.

Yeah mine just flattened out as well and didn't actually pop. I remember saying during my pregnancy with Kameron "When my Belly Button pops the turkey will be done" LMAO poor Kam

Love

LOL Kathryn, my friend said that to me too!

Like the others, mine only went flat.

Mine never popped out either. Im hoping it doesn't this time either. It would be when there's just no room left in there and that's the final thing to go!!! So I'd say last 10weeks or so.

Hmmm.. hope mine only flattens too and not pop, as I think I would be shamed out by mine popping out lol, But so far it just seems to have gotten a bit shallower - kinda seems weird to me already.

One of the guys I work with tactfully refered to it when it pops out as a "belly nipple" Delightful lol

I have been waiting for mine to pop and have been checking it everyday (in the mirror cause I can't see it anymore). It has been getting weirder and was soft a week ago but seems to be firmer and flatter now. Not sure if it is going to pop.

Rachael, mine has popped. It did so gradually and is now sticking out like a little mountain. I spent the whole of pregnancy waiting for it too pop and now i just hope it go back in as DH has a habit of playing with it and the area is so sensitive it actually makes me feel sick!!

It`s a gradual process, mine flattened out for a while, I didn`t think it would pop at all but it slowly did after I was 36 weeks but again, it was a gradual process and after birth it was still poking out.

Take Care

Deeanne

Mine definately popped too!!

It went flat for a while and then gradually it became more and more extended. It's actually flattened out a little bit again now the last few weeks as my belly stretched even further. It popped out quite early at about 20weeks, and it looked really funny especially during summer because all my thin clothes really showed it off. I thought it was kinda cute though!! My 2 1/2 yo neice thinks it's a door bell for her couison! She presses it in and i say "ding dong!".

Mine never popped it just flattened out a bit.

LG *LOL* at the doorbell - that's really cute

I guess I'll wait and see what mine does, its definately getting shallower though. My 12w u/s put bubs at the 95% percentile for size, so if we continue a this rate, I'm sure it won't be long now...

Tigergirl1980 Guest

hahahahahahahaha PMSL at the bandaid.

LOL @ the band aid. :smt081

*Yvette* Guest

I usually have in inny, but it pops out when pg. It gradually flattens, then one magic day a bump appears overnigt, sort of just to the side of it and the rest is kind of inside out. Mine popped at about 20? weeks. It's a big inside out bump now. Very easy to clean it while it's like this.

The funny thing is, as soon as the bump appears it's like a button that can be pushed in, and sometimes it would take a little while to pop back out again, very fun.

I have a piercing in mine too, which stays in all through pg and doesn't give me any probs.

Mine never popped at all... just sorta flattened out. I always wondered if it never popped cause I had put on so much extra weight/fat that it created an extra layer of fat on my belly, making the bellybutton hole to deep for it to ever be able to pop out... did that make sense? (eeewwww... lol 8-[ )