Thread: dog jumped on me eek

Thumbs down dog jumped on me eek

i am 11 weeks preg and last night there was a HUGE storm and in one of he claps of thuinder my dog jumped right up on the lounge landing on my belly it really hurt but it went away after a while... the dog prob weighs like idk between 6-10 kilos no more then ten deffinately probably around 7 but i am really concerned that he might have done some damage??? what do u guys think???

I would say pretty safe. Bubs is nicely coccooned (sp?) inside and unless you had bleeding and cramps afterwards then I would just rest and take it easy for a few days JIC. My cat (2 kilos max) jumps on my stomach and the pain is a lot worse than when she used to do it pre-preg. I think it just comes down to the fact that our muscles and ligaments have slackened and every little twinge is felt more strongly. Keep an eye on your self and if still worried then see your doctor. I would not worry about it too much because like I said bubs is pretty cosy and safe in there.

thanks katie

Yep, I agree, bubs is very well cushioned (esp at this early stage) and it would have to be an almighty blow or repeated blows to do any damage. ((hugs)) I'm sure everything's Ok with your little one!

Noni you should be ok as long as the others have said there wasn't any cramping or bleeding afterwards. Just think of all the mums with toddlers jumping on them in early pregnancy, it doesn't seem to do any damage.

lol its funny how u think everything is so delicate i didn't even think about the fact that other mums have young kids and things so wound up in my own little world atm... i did have a little cramping but i usually do lately, nothing severe or worse then what i usually have and no bleeding.. thanks for all ur replies guys

ouch bet that hurt. i bet it will all be fine too

As everyone else has said. There is lots of padding around your baby, everything should be fine