Thread: Doppler/heart beat Question ???? Help.. Please

Default Doppler/heart beat Question ???? Help.. Please

Hi,

I haev just recieved my doppler i am only 9 weeks 5 days but i cant really find it i can hear what i think is the placenta (wind through the trees sound) and i can blood pumping around there .

But cant locate a heart beat - do you think it may be too early

Is the fact i can hear the placenta and blood a good sign...... ?

I am so looking for reassurance....

I am hating the wait until my first ultrasound.

Percy Guest

I would say its too early. You'll get people on here saying its not they felt it but personally mine wasn't heard until 14 weeks.

Thanks - i hope so - i only have to wait until 2nd dec for my ultrasound but i am so anxious.

Too early hon

Its pretty unusual to find it that early.
    Both times I hired dopplers I couldn't get it before 12 weeks and even then I had to look for up to a half hour and would only get it fleetingly before it moved away. It takes alot of patience and persistence even at that stage. I'd imagine at 9/10 weeks it would be damn near impossible.
    Put it away for a couple of weeks, you'll just drive yourself crazy otherwise.
    Hearing placental sounds is a good sign though

I was thinking that - i got it delivered to work so i might leave it here so i cant thrash it out unneccessarily.....

Thanks it is reassuring getting replies and answer of other ladies experiences...

Thanks again.

Meegm,
    :hugs: It is WAY too early. Like Percy you will hear stories about women hearing a heartbeat this early but frankly it's a miracle! Your uterus is still tucked away snugly behind your pubic bone. Your baby is teeny weeny and moves around freely. Your placenta isn't even functioning yet.
    YOu will hear the sound of your own heartbeat and the maternal blood vessels but not the baby. No midwife or obs in her/his right mind would try a doppler on a 9 week pregnancy. It is just so very very difficult if not impossible. The outcome almost always is anxiety for the Mama who is so desperate to hear her baby.

Pop it back in the cupboard and bring it back out at around 14 weeks. Even at 14 weeks it can be difficult.

If you are feeling so anxious why don't you see if you can get an early u/s? This is very likely to put your mind at ease. Are you seeing an obs? If you are phone her/him up and ask for a quick u/s to rest your mind. If you are going through the public system asking for a referral for an u/s from your gp is all that is needed.

I truly understand the fear and uncertainty that can be attatched to these early weeks. It can be torture... If you are going to feel worried and stressed I believe an u/s could help you...

I wish I could help...

I do really want to have one done . Im going through the public system.. my ultrasound is 16 days and counting down away... i have know i was preg pretty much straight away coz i was charting. so i have had a lot of time in the unknown.. i think it is ok .. i just am an impatient person who needs re-assurance. ...im going to try hang out till the scheduled u/s but it is truley killing me.....

cant wait for them to say yep its all good everything is there etc.. i am trying to have good thoughts but cant help but allow neg ones to pop in every now and then...

Hi Meegm,

I hired a doppler last week and heard the heartweek, but I was 15 weeks when I first heard it, I think it is just too early. I can totally understand you feeling anxious as I was and still am! I had 2 ultrasounds before my 12 week scan, as I had had a missed miscarriage earlier in the year and really wanted to know if the baby was still OK.
    If it is too hard to wait, and for me it really was, get a referral from your GP and get an early ultrasound, it is really reassuring, and much better than stressing for too long, as I know, 3 weeks can seem like forever!!! I am dying for my 20 week scan and have to wait another 4 weeks and it seems so far away! Hang in there!

Ok where can you hire a doppler and how much are they to hire? Would love the reassurance on the no movement days!!!

www.firstbeats.com.au

39$ a month for one with no LCD screen or 49 a month for one that has an LCD screen that shows the heart rate.

plus a one off $17.00 courier fee, they give you the gel and a return satchel to return it in once you are done with it.

Meegm, at my mindwive appointment when I was 20 weeks, we couldnt get the heartbeat on their dooplers. Tried two dopplers and could only hear placenta sounds on both, but not bubs heartbeat. Bub was moving around, which we could also hear, but because he/she was moving they didnt worry about not hearing heartbeat. But anyway, what I was saying that even at my 20 week appointment, we couldnt hear bubs heartbeat on the hospitals doppler.

That is good to know - the way it is advertised it is like you will hear it blah blah blah...

15 days till my ultrasound. CANT WAIT sakdjlsakdjaslkdjlskjdlkaj (That means EXCITED)

Cheers for that! :hugs:

I started using my doppler from 7 weeks but didnt get a HB until 11 weeks. Hang in there!!