Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Katiegirl - congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to our "I love Dennis" group. Well done on reading this thread before deciding on your OB, should give you a great intro into what Dennis is like. Even better you were pre warned about Linda! Which hospital are you planning on?

Marknjo - congratulations and welcome to you too. Sorry to hear your first pregnancy did not go well. I think we are all guilty of saying/asking stupid things at his office, he has that affect on us lol!!!

Ros - PML about the Madonna look!!!! Sounds like mine at the moment, I go religioulsy every 8 weeks, but couldn't go last Friday. Had to rebook for this Friday, can't wait to get rid of the nasty regrowth! The hairdressers is my luxury, sitting for a few hours reading all the trash mags and drinking copious amounts of coffee!! Have fun tonight, relax and enjoy it. You are so organised with dinner and a roast too, well done. How exciting with your scan tomorrow, make sure you let us know how you go. Would love a get together, I am free usually Monday, Wed and Friday.

Thanks - I am very excited to be joining the Dennis Club.

I was asked regarding hospital and I said Cabrini. We are going to do a tour this Wednesday. I have read that Frances Perry has baths which can be of great use during labour. Which do you all think is the better option?

Katiegirl - most girls here went to Cabrini and after visiting Relle there, it is beautiful! I am sure they can fill you in more about their experiences. Don't know anyone that has been to Frances Perry so can't help you there. I had both girls at Waverley Private and was really happy there. Good luck with your choice.

cabrini has a bath too. It's a great hospital! i don't know if dennis delivers at FP...????

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Wello hello again lovely ladies and a very big Hello and Welcome to Marknjo and Katiegirl!! Congratulations on joining the "I love Dennis Club!"

My little man is screaming himself silly in bed at the moment as he is soooooo overtired from our out and abouts today, so I had better make it a quick one!

Yep I have to rate Cabrini and say it is fantastic all the way, and yes it does have a bath and no, Dr D does not deliver at FPH. Katiegirl - you will loveeee Cabrini, gorgeous hossie, awesome food and the midwives are all really lovely as well.

ohhhh you girls looks stunning always - not like this frumpy mum over here who hasn't been to the hairdressers in ages!!! It seems no one else is lactating at the moment to feed the 5 week old! lol

I have just put Roast Lamb in the oven, and you are spot on Ros, 3 and more and making dinner at tea time is impossible, beauty of the roast, get it all in the oven cooking and you are 3/4 there. Have an awesome time hun, I am so envious. I HAVE to get my eyebrows waxed before my 6 week check up next week, and my waxer is in Frankston, so I am desperate to get there and have another "tidy up"

Woooohoooooo the "I love Dennis Club!"

HA! I haven't been to the hairdressers since November last year!! I WIN!!

Yes, I am the Jo in marknjo!

Not many symptoms happening for me. I have been a bit nauseous but have not thrown up which is good! I can't have weetbix for brekkie, Spag Bol or steak as they all make me feel horrid! I have been very tired in the afternoon's but I know that is normal! My boobs have been really sore but they seem to have settled down this week so really I count myself very lucky as there are alot of people I have been reading about that are having a terrible time!

I'm still playing sport competitively and will be for hopefully another 5 weeks (if we make the grand final I will be 16 weeks!) and I think this helps being out in the fresh air etc! So in all, I cannot complain!

Hi girls,

Welcome NellBell. I hope you are lucky enough to be one of Dennis' patients. He is absolutely wonderful (as if you can't tell!!!) and I'm sure would be the perfect OB to manage a high risk pregnancy. As Relle said, beware of his receptionist, she can be a little rude at times. Best of luck and let us know how you go. He is one of the more cheaper OB's in Melbourne and the best!

Welcome to you to MamaDuke. I can't wait to hear more of your story. A MACS sounds fascinating. Glad you are happy with your choice, he is the best!

Relle - hi hun, your little piglet is growing! Must be all that good milk you give him. How is your patient? Is he getting better. You must be getting excited, or dreading the move? Call me if you need anything.

Ella - its lovely to hear a pregnant women who has not had those nasty ailments towards the end. Enjoy these last days of pregnancy, they are wonderful. We are all very excited for you. Go the dummy LOL!!!

Nox - hourly feeding is hard. I'm sure he'll drop off from that soon. Great to hear he is growing big and strong, you must be doing a great job. You do whatever you need to do to keep them happy and sleeping LOL!

NellBell Guest

Well all I can say is thankyou, thankyou, thankyou lovely ladies!

After all of your reassurance I called Dennis Price's rooms today and spoke to a LOVELY receptionist who is filling in for the next fortnight! She was so nice and took all my questions to pass on..........AND I just had a lovely chat with Dennis on the phone (I was so amazed he called me back personally). After talking about my blood condition and history of DVT he thinks there is no reason why we can't work together when the time comes for bubs next year!! WOOHOO
    And to add to that - he also said I could definately deliver at Cabrini (their intensive care would be fine for me if need be)! I have been looking the hospital up on the web and it looks fantastic. We are also very pleased that hubby can stay overnight if we are in a single room.

So, I am making an appointment (which might be a little while away seeing he is so busy!!) and look forward to my pre-pregnancy once over and chat.

I am absolutely elated that I can go and see him. Just need to make sure i'm on the phone to him as soon as that appears!

SO.... THANKYOU

Quote Originally Posted by NellBell View Post
    After all of your reassurance I called Dennis Price's rooms today and spoke to a LOVELY receptionist who is filling in for the next fortnight! She was so nice and took all my questions to pass on
    LOL...guess who's on holidays?!!! LOL
    It's actually great that you got to speak with the relief receptionist because the usual one can put you off.
    I remember her telling me the first time I called that she wasn't sure Dennis could take me on due to HER being on holidays around the time I was due!
    I asked her if she did the deliveries! Imagine that...an obstetrician who can't take on any more patients because of his receptionist's holiday schedule! I'd never heard of anything more preposterous in my life!

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast