Thread: Dreams

Question Dreams

OMG - DREAMS!
    My dreams are getting more and more odd! Sometimes just out of this world.
    Does anyone know why we dream like this when pregnant?
    I always dreamed previously. But never anything this crazy! Sometimes 3 different dreams a night... I should write a novel about them all! haha

Last edited by Tanya; March 24th, 2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Please no purple posting... See the guidelines

i was having awful nightmares for a few weeks to the point where i was scared to go to sleep...my baby books say its a combination of your hormones and your brain preparing for baby...sorting things out in your head... HTH GL

First off congratulations!!

I hope all has been well for you during your preganancy despite these horrid dreams that 'yes' we do experience. Personally I think mine were related to my anxiety levels and definately my hormones which didnt leave me being a very happy vegemite most mornings.

In some cases its just a whole bunch of our worries and thoughts put into one scenario which can be very disturbing, Ive heard that a massage and a hot bath can help a better nights sleep and just thinking happy thoughts before bed is supposed to help too.

I Hope all goes well for you.

Yep, weird and vivid dreams are normal, I have had some doozies while pregnant LOL!

I found this info:
    Pregnancy dreams, especially in the last trimester, are often vivid and scary. This is completely normal. Such dreams may provide a way for your subconscious to deal with any fears and insecurities you may have about pregnancy and impending motherhood. Or they may just reflect sleep disturbances caused by indigestion, hormones, or aches and pains.

Thanks everyone! Its amazing isnt it!