Thread: Dreamt i had a miscarriage

Unhappy Dreamt i had a miscarriage

Hi ,i am 8 weeks 3 days and last night i had a DREAM that i started to bleed heavily and that i had a pad that had a fair bit of blood on it and i started to panic and my Partner wouldnt take me to the hospital... then the bleeding stopped..... and i kept feeling to see if there was more blood...I couldnt get to the hospital by myself either, i couldnt walk fast enough or dial the ambulance - i woke up sweating..

i think i did this because i have been worried since i found out that i might lose it (as we all do) but i woke up feeling terrible and couldnt really get back to sleep....

Has anyone else had these types of dreams..

oh hunny! I reckon EVERYONE has! Its normal to worry about your bubs. Dont let it worry you.

i thought i was just starting to get there in that department - i was just starting to get a bit more comforatble and then i have that dream... trying not to worry but now ive been having very mild twinges on my right side and now i feel back to square 1 ...

i know bubs is ok.( i think ) but its just my stupid mind.

I had dreams about miscarriage a few weeks ago as well. A wise lady on here told me not to worry, because if you dream it, it won't come true and since then I've had no more dreams. I think because we get so worried and anxious, our worst fears come through in our dreams. So you are perfectly normal

That is what i was hopping for... thanks.. feeling a bit better...

and you are right there are a few wise ladies on here - i couldnt get by with out them sometimes..

Thank u

Hi Meegm

I had one of those dreams last week. I honestly didn't give it another thought, because it's just my sub-conscious playing tricks on me. Everything is fine.

Celsie. xoxox

It's all part & parcel of pregnancy I think. From every pregnant woman I have spoken to, they have had dreams of something going wrong with their pregnancy - whether it be miscarriage or something else happening to the bub.

My worst one, sounds lame now but my god was I upset at the time, was where I dreamt that bub was born but was tiny, like the size of my palm. Anyway, bub was fine, laying on the floor on his blanket & my cat just came up & ate him :eek: Definately not realistic at all, but man did it haunt me for weeks afterwards!

OMG Sarah - thats horrible hahahaha our minds are wonderful arnt they ...
    Im glad to know others have them too.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

LOL at your dream Sarah.

It's definitely normal to have dreams like that, especially if you're already worrying about it. Fear does many things to people, and having bad dreams about them is not surprising. Remember that you also have dreams about good things that probably won't come true either. I know I've had many a nice dream about being with a hot celebrity and I'm pretty sure that none of them are going to come true

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Yep, me too. I've had horrible dreams about losing the baby, my DH leaving me, and then really awful things happening once the baby has been born. We're building a 2 storey house and I keep having dreams about the baby climbing over the top of the stair railing and cracking his head on the granite floor - we don't have a granite floor!!! Also had dreams when we were car shopping that I walked into Volvo one day and because I was their 150th customer I got a half price Volvo!!

I've had so many whacky dreams now that I wake up in the morning and just tell DH what the latest reason is for him having me committed! Easy to joke about some of them, but I've had my share of waking up sweating and terrified too!

Agree with all the other ladies. I think early pregnancy is especially weird for dreams - in fact it is one of the symptoms, I think?

Lol at the cat Sarah, even though I'm sure you were horrified!

Recently I had a dream that I took the baby out to look at him, you know, just to check he was OK! He was regular newborn size, being in a dream, but then I realised he wasn't ready to come out yet and I started to panic because I couldn't think how I was going to get him back in!

Bad dreams always stick with me for the day - make sure you're pampering yourself a bit today, won't you? My DH is always good for me when this sort of thing happens - helps me to get rational again. Hope you have a better night's sleep tonight.

Cool Strange Dreams

Hi everyone

Just wondering what sort of weird dreams you have had and if any were like premonitions that freaked you out a bit?

Twice now I have dreamt that I have had the baby somewhere other than the hospital and DH wasn't there :eek: So basically bub came early and quickly I start to text everyone to let them know then think, oh my god I dont even know the weight and then remember, better ring DH and tell him first.

I have had other really weird vivid dreams (complete with aliens) but the above one worries me coz I have had it twice. Could be coz my 2 sisters had really quick births...

Just going to join this with our other dream thread from recently....