Thread: dreamworld

Default dreamworld

dh and i are going to dream world this weekend with my best friend (who is victorian and thus never before been). i am just wondering if it would be unsafe for me to go on any of the rides or if you think it should be fine.

i know that many of the rides would be safe enough - but i am thinking about the rollor coaster, the big drop and the wipe out. i don't want to endanger bugs in any way, but if it is safe i would like to take advantage of my last trip to dreamworld before i become a mum - IYKWIM.

i will be 17 weeks pregnant at the time.

A lot of the rides have warnings for pregnant women not to go on them. I guess you probably shouldn't go on the water slides either - or at least, I wouldn't. It's a great place - I went there last March, but I think there will be limitations being pregnant.

Kirsty77 Guest

I wouldn't risk it.And the fact that your strapped into these rides rather tightly.............Its just not worth losing bub..................

I just checked their website & came up with this on their tips page -
    When enjoying rides and attractions, obey posted age and height restrictions, as well as notices concerning such health matters as heart conditions, back/neck conditions, pregnancy, recent surgery, and high blood pressure. Always use common sense … if you don't feel well, if there has been an abrupt change in your physical status, or any other unusual or unexplained symptoms, skip the ride.
    So I'd just check each ride before you go on to see what it says....

Melinda Guest

I remember when we went there, seeing all sorts of signs on the rides about pregnancy etc. Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

I agree with the other girls, I wouldn't risk it.

I agree with all the other girls, I wouldn`t risk it

I reckon to be safe, the only three rides in the entire park which would be considered 'safe' for a pregnant woman would be 1. the train (travels around the park), 2. the Kookaburra queen, and 3. the old fashioned cars that travel along the set track and you just play with the brakes/accelerator.

Fee Guest

I would not risk it at all. A lot of those rides are very jerky and would cause discomfort to the baby (if not harm).

You will find they all do have the pregnancy warnings. Especially this far along, it is far too dangerous for bubs. I went at 4weeks preg and even then only went on one rollercoaster, didn't risk the rest. Not the best place to go preggas I have to say, it's unfair watching everyone else have so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. As the other girls have said a lot of rides have warning on them about pregnancy.

I guess as they say it is better to be safe than sorry, so I wouldn't go on them.

misty - it sounds like you wont be going on many rides this time!! i hope you have a good time anyway..

Linda

I found most of the rides to be quite rough and you may find that like lifting things, it doesn't hurt at the time but give it 1/2 hour or so and you may feel uncomfortable.
    Remember it's not all about the babies safety. Your ligaments and joints soften up too and that's what can hurt you as well.
    I don't think it's worth the risk.

Custardtart Guest

I had some experience of this when I was just a few weeks pregnant with my second bub and was at a water park in California. I tried one of the gentle waterslides, and it made me feel so motion-sick and sore and ill that it was a real wake-up call of just how much pregnancy affects your entire body.

You have the rest of your life to enjoy these rides, I wouldn't risk any injury right now.

Kerrie