Thread: Drinking water during pregnancy... Alan?

Default Drinking water during pregnancy... Alan?

This is going to sound sooooo dumb... but is there such a thing as drinking too much water during pregnancy? Just wodnering, as I have been guzzling it down... not keeping track of how much I'm drinking really, but I'm so thristy I'm sure I get close if not go over the 2L mark... It's all I'm drinking apart from hot chocolate in the morning and sometimes before bed or the occassional lemonade.

So, I know water is great, but is there such a thing as drinking too much? Should I be monitoring how much I'm drinking? I'm so thirsty all the time, I've never drunk this much water in my life lol. Is that a bad sign, or just a pregnant thing?

Hey Alisia!,
    I am no expret sorry! But I drank alot of water while PG! It got worse towards the end! I Was getting up during the night drinking from the tap I was that thirsty!

Its pretty hot too so I cant see it as a bad thing, but as I said Im no expert

ps, love the "bubble" name very cute x

Hi Leasha
    I usually reccomend that you drink between 2 and 3 litres a day. I noticed that you say you are so thirsty. Excessive thirst is a sign of diabetes so it may be a good idea to get your blood sugar checked when you next see your Midwife.

yer im drinkin heaps of water too, i think its a preg thing cant get enough of it, i think bub is sucking most of it up hehe

kirsty_lee Guest

oh man ive been the same.. drinking so much water lol and also getting up in the middle of the night to stick my head under the tap lol

I've always drunk a lot of water but I've had periods of drinking HEAPS and always being thirsty too. Just go with it I guess. It can be a sign of GD- but surely not so early in your pregnancy? I've had my GD test and all is well so I guess sometimes you just need loads of water.

at the start i was drinkin heaps now i am finding it so hard to drink.