Thread: "dropping"

DoubleK Guest

Default "dropping"

hi girls, i saw my doctor and midwife yesterday, and the midwife told me to expect to feel the baby 'dropping' within the next week or so...

i asked her how will i know, and she replied 'some woment liken it to having a watermelon lodged in your vagina'...... i tried not to laugh but she cracked me up with that comment..

is this really what it feels like? if so im a little scared, lol!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I never felt the baby 'drop' with my first pregnancy,and often first time mums just don't. So don't stress if you don't feel any different.

With this, my fourth bub, I can tell you that 'watermelon' comes very close to describing it! Lol!

No, dont worry, nothing like having a watermelon lodged in your vagina - more like a bowling ball!! No im only joking, lol. Its just a feeling of pressure. Kind of like somethings going to fall out.

Well I've been feeling that on and off for a few weeks now... I've been assuming its Em dropping further and then moving back up again as the midwifes said he could do this. He was 2 fifths above the brim at my last appt...

It definately feels like huge pressure and I described it as like having a rockmelon down there LMAO - I also can't cross my legs when this happens!!!!

Does this sound right to people?

It certainly does feel like That Lea! I'm sure I couldn't even close my legs with Paige by the end of it But don't worry if bubs doesn't drop, because not all will.

BTW - You will also start doing your best impersonation of a duck too and get the waddles happening.

I didn't notice it with my first....I only knew she'd dropped because other people started commenting that it looked lower - I didn't notice any difference in how it felt though.