Thread: Drunken wobbles!

Wink Drunken wobbles!

Has anyone else experienced this?

I find that if I don't eat super regularly, I get really wobbly like as if I'm totally hammered.

I can't walk properly and am having judging corners so I sometimes bump into the wall!

Thankfully this isn't affecting my driving but it's funny that I've seemed to lose control of my legs and inner ear when I have to change dirrection when on my feet!

Another effect of not eating on a tight schedule is that I get a totally sudden wave of mild nausea that doesn't make me want to puke so much but it makes me feel like I'm going to fall over. I guess it's more vertigo than nausea really but it's a little disconcerting. I don't think it's anything worth seeing the doc about but it's just odd as I've never heard of it on a list of preggo symptoms.

Other than that I just have humungous boobs so I guess I might be one of the lucky ones who escapes morning sickness -mum was.

Anyone else had this?

Kirsty77 Guest

Yep I get the shakes really bad and feel 'weird' if I don't eat often or enough. It kinda does feel like I've had one to many wines!hehehe

It's not your humungous boobs which are swaying your balance?!!!!

Kirsty77 Guest

ROFL!!!!Thats hilarious!! Mine definitely isn't....still only a b cup here!

I got that with DD2. Couldn't handle shopping or anything. Poor DH was so worried about me that he'd send me outside the shops to sit down as I was almost falling down. He was constantly at me about eating, but I'm a big girl and I REFUSED to get bigger during that pgcy... Jess was fine so...
    But yes, I had the vertigo and nausea....

Sal Guest

Yep I get this! It is from low blood-sugar. I get it from time to time, but always throughout my pgs.

Your humungous boobs might not help once you start to lose your balance

Sal's right it is from low bood sugar. Try eating low GI and eating every 2 hours. Thats what I have to do pg or not!!!

Yup, I get dizziness if I don't eat enough: keep fruity snacks around! Although if anyone had suggested pre-preg I'd be snacking on apricots all the time I would have laughed heartily at them.

Hehe, thanks everyone!

Low blood sugar is the diagnosis then! I get pretty busy with my work and forget to eat and I get crabby if it goes on too long.

You're right about the boobs too, they could be pulling me forwards a bit! I'm normally a 10DD and wouldn't be surprised at all if I could fill an E really well right now. It's a cow cos they look awesome but I won't let Thomas touch them!!

I would get sudden bouts of the shakes, and would have to eat immediately. I would get really grumpy when hungry too!!!

Well, my balance issues are one thing...I veer to whichever side the baby is on, not unusal for me to crash into a wall on the way to the loo

And I thought my faintness was caused by low blood sugar, but it turned out to be low iron!
    So it could be a number of things, low blood sugar, low iron, low blood pressure (try drinking more...LOL, not alcohol), and the midwife also said something about the pressure of the baby on my pelvis making me dizzy when I sit! Though at 6ish weeks, you're probably safe to rule that last one out

You may as well mention it to your dr, so if it's low iron, you can know to take something for it. All the best though!

julesr Guest

I found that drinking icy cold water helps with those horrible shaky sensations too. Making sure I never let myself get the least bit dehydrated really helped.