Thread: During my pregnancy I continue to thank god for....

Talking During my pregnancy I continue to thank god for....

Hi gals

Hope you are all well

I am struggling to concentrate at work again - always seems to happen close to lunchtime - my boss is going to know something is up when he sees my billable hours for the month of November(!)

Anyway I thought I would start a lighthearted thread about what you are thankful for/have benefited from so far during your pregnancy. If you feel up to it please contribute, could be something lighthearted or more close to your heart.

In starting I say:

1. The sharing of info and experiences on this site (goes without saying doesn't it)

2. Darryl Lea Original Liquorice - you can guess why!!:eek:

Good idea! I whinge too much, and I should be thankful for:

Having had a really healthy easy pregnancy so far, especially when I consider what some others have had to go through.

Being able to have stayed home for a lot of the time and relax and get used to a new routine.

All the generous offers I've had for secondhand things and the support from my family.

Great idea!

I am soooo thankful for not working and the time to sleep when ever I like
    And I'm always thankful for the simple fact that we can have this precious little one
    And Im often amazed and thankful for the 'design features' of my body to be able to do the pregnancy thing. Quite amazing really that it all just happens!

Oh what a lovely idea! I'm not pregnant, just wanted to tell you guys that this is a great thread.

Oh what a wonderful idea for a thread coz I know that my brain can get so caught up in all the bad possibilities and the niggles that go with pg that I forget:

- how blessed I am to already have one princess and another prince or princess on the way!!!
    - plus an ever supportive super DH who is my light and my rock!! LOVE YOU DH!!!

BB - great thread starter

I am not pg ATM but I was thankful that I WAS pg when I was.....IYKWIM!!!

Great thread, bb77 - and I don't know where I'd be without this site too!

In this pregnancy I constantly praise God that:

1. Conception was very easy.
    2. Everyone is so generous - my parents and my in-laws have bought us so much
    3. That the Lord has provided and we will be debt-free by the new year (except for the mortgage).
    4. That I have been so fit and healthy during this pregnancy - even the little problems, like the sciatica, the fatigue and the nausea have been short-lived and haven't been too bad (in hindsight; I wouldn't like the sciatica again though!).
    5. That God is working in my husband's heart and he is doing so much more for me and the baby; he really is looking after us now! OK, you other girls may point out that your DHs do more than mine, even when you're not pregnant, but for mine to even think about cooking a meal himself and not asking me to do it for him is a big step!
    6. That I've managed to get to 30w before my bump got big enough for people to stop me and congratulate me when I'm walking around... much as I whinge about people not knowing I'm pregnant, I'd rather have that than strangers assaulting me for months and months! I do love still being in normal clothes.
    7. That my boss has been fantastic about my pregnancy. Reading other people's threads, OK the company have been poor but my boss really is one in a million. He's fab!

There's so much I want to praise God for about this as I really have had a fantastic pregnancy, but mostly that I'm having a healthy, strong baby. It really is a miracle and I am still not really believing it!

What a lovely post!

I am thankful for

* Having a wonderful and supportive DH.
    * Having so many choices available now that generations of women before us didn't.
    * That I am so fortunate to have been able to fall pregnant when so many wonderful couples struggle

Yes GREAT THREAD!!! You have got me thinking....

I am thankful for so much, we would be here all day if tried to list them all.

I am thankful for

BB and bellybuddies and all the lovely people I have so far cme across here..

The generosity of all that have given us stuff for the bub

My beautiful healthy kicking bub that has given me no trouble what so ever (my sore back is for the whinge thread ha ha)

Cheese and vegimite (in that preference order) more cheese and vegimite...

My best friends and my family and my DH

The list is endless but thats just for starters today. I think I might make a list and stick it to hte fridge to remind me the posiives are so much more than the annoying stuff..

Great idea!!!

I thank God for:

* The love of my life. My husband Tate who I love more and more each day. He's my rock. He's my whole world.

* That I have been able to beat my illness and am now living what was once a dream and I'm now happily pregnant.

Celsie. xoxox
    Last edited by Celsie; November 30th, 2006 at 10:24 AM.

Excellent idea and I'll have to make sure I revisit this thread on 'down' days. I thank God for:

-my AMAZING DH. He is doing nearly every single thing around the house right now ( I won't relinquish control of the laundry/ironing!). He does the cooking, cleaning and has taken over control of financials as he knows I just don't have the energy. He also encourages me to keep up our evening walks, even when I'm feeling terrible because he knows I feel better afterwards. And he hasn't complained ONCE even when he spends hours cooking and then I can't eat it or just don't want it. I love him SO much and couldn't do this without him - in more than the obvious way LOL
    -how easy conception was for us. Being on BB has made me realise just how lucky we were in this area.
    -being able to feel my baby move so often and so early. It's such a comfort to know he's alright in there.
    -fruit tingles. A lifesaver in 1st tri and still useful now when I'm feeling a bit queasy.
    -a loving and supportive family including two SILs who have recently given birth and are a wealth of useful information without being pushy, and a fantastic Mum

Bit slow in finding this thread!

I am thankful for:

- Having a relatively easy 1st trimester (touch wood)
    - My lovely DH who doesn't complain when I ask him to cook the dinner and then do the dishes as well (usually its one or the other). He is the best also, not just cause he does those things
    - My family are wonderful and have always been supportive with anything we do
    - My best friends, I have 5 wonderful best friends and the don't complain when I whinge about not having any pg symptoms LOL
    - My BB thread who also don't complain when I whinge and get paranoid of having not many symptoms LOL