Thread: Early or overdue in second or more pgs?

Default Early or overdue in second or more pgs?

Just wondering for those who have had more than one pg if you went early with one pg were you then early with other pgs? Our family have all booked tickets on this Jetstar promotion to come up in March and I have a feeling this baby will be early but... now that everyone is booking I'm worried I will have jinxed myself and this bubba will be overdue :-)

What are others expereinces was therre a trend in each of your pg's or were they each different?

Thanks

Both mine were different. first one i went a week overdue and was induced. Second one i was meant to be induced but went into labour on the same day at 4 days early.

Thanks

LOL I have been living this atm. Matilda, my first was 17 days over and I was induced at 16 days. This one... well we're still waiting

With Matilda my Mum booked tickets out from America to be here & just made it. With this one I told her to book halfway through November so we could have some alone family time together before she got here... now I'm not so sure we will get it!

ETA: just read somewhere that 75% of pregnancies go over their estimated due date when left naturally.

I was totally, totally convinced #2 was going to come early. In the midst of an extension, our house was chaos in the months leading up to her EDD. Loads of twinges, and pains, but nope, little miss sophie came on her EDD !!.
    #1 came on EDD too.....

Both of my PGs were overdue. DD was 4 days over, i was ment to be induced but i had her naturally the same morn, and DS was 4-8 days over and i was induced. I am hoping this one is either early (not too early) or on time, but if he is overdue im not going to be induced. Im going to wait and be patient!! Ha we will see!!
    Goodluck.

Mine have gotten longer.
    Mason came on his due date, Angus came 5 days over and Caleb came 8 days over.

hehe this is not looking good girls :-) May have to look into change of booking prices on the flights :-)

Matthew arrived 6 days late but arrived via planned cs, OB said Matthew would not have come for another 10 days at least if it was left to him, Adrian arrived 12 days late via vbac.

mum5boys Guest

All 5 of my boys were overdue, the first 3 were 11,10,10 days over and then the last 2 were 5 and 2 days over due.
    I have this feeling that this baby will be early and I am hoping I am wrong because we just booked tickets with Jetstar to go to QLD for all of us as well.

Take Care
    Michelle

First one on time and second one 8 days early. I was totally convinced she was early and think I willed her out. That or she is just like me and will always be early or on time. No matter how I try I can't be late!!! xoxo

My first daughter was 14 days post dates 33 hours of posterior labour - brow presentation. Very very ouchy!
    My son I went into labour on my due date (he and I are both Virgos I figure this is because we like to do things PROPERLY!!!!!!) His was a textbook 4 hour labour and birth
    My next daughter was born 10 days post dates - very fast and furious - 1 1/2hours
    My next daughter was born on her due date 6 hours - text book gorgeous labour!

They are all different though there does seem to be familial tendencies for some women. I hope that your labour is beautiful whenever it happens...

I was one day early with #1 according to u/s dates, 5 days over with #2 byt my dates and one day over on u/s dates and #3 was on her due date by u/s, but I reckon she could have gone longer actually, because I ended up with an induction after labour didn't start even with broken waters.

James was exactly a week late and Madeleine was exactly a week early... So, perhaps this baby will be right on time? Lmao... I'm not planning anything until it is here

all three of mine were different
    1st one 12 days overdue
    2nd one 14 days OD and induced
    3rd 3 days early (thankfully as she was due xmas day)

Babycrazy Guest

All of my pregnancies were overdue. 1st was 2 weeks over, 2nd was 10 days late, 3rd was induced 7 days late, 4th was 1 week late, and number 5 was 5 days late, and i bet mumber 6 will be late as well.