Thread: Eating Left Overs

hopefullmum2b Guest

Question Eating Left Overs

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if its ok to eat spag bowl left overs. I'm having this for dinner tonight and wanting to know if its ok to eat this tomorrow for my lunch at work? Someone told me it wasn't.

Thanks in advance

Bec. xx

Um, I hope so, cos I've done it through my whole pg!

Obviously there are some guidelines you should follow, like making sure it is very hot right through the dish when you reheat it. And not leaving it too long, but I think the next should be fine. There are some things I wouldn't eat as leftovers, but spag bol is not one of them!

Hopefully if I'm wrong someone will come in and correct me!

It should be ok to eat the next day as long as its been in the fridge and still smells ok, and just make sure you heat it up really well.
    I personally woudlnt leave it any longer than the next day though.

I have read a few articles on the net about this. The NSW Food Authority says "Leftovers can be eaten if they are refrigerated promptly and kept no longer than a day." I'm sure I read somewhere else that they need to be re-heated until they are steaming hot.

Isn't it funny how there is advice all over the shop depending on what you read and what info you're given? LOL

My hospital give me a fact sheet which says leftover should be eaten within 12 hours! Well, holy-moley, with DS I think spag bol especially was my most eaten meal for lunch at work after cooking the night before - and that was more than 12 hours! LOL

I think considering spag bol has no dairy in it and minimal meat in ratio to the pasta and tomato sauce, it's probably very safe when re-heated to steaming hot. Enjoy, I say!

In the beginning I stressed about what you can eat and what you cannot but then by the second trimester I threw it all into the bin and started eating deli sandwiches and leftovers I even nibbled on some raw cookie dough but no problems as of yet. Try not to stress too much I am sure the next day is perfectly safe

ej_1974 Guest

everyone definitely has an different opinion on this one and during my 1st pg I was so scared to eat anything (thanks to bad advice from others) until I had a big chat with my ob and he put my mind at rest. Basically he said that you can eat anything except raw meat/fish (smoked salmon okay though) and he said left overs are fine, esp as you made them because you know when they were cooked, ingredients, how long its all be sitting around, etc.
    My Ob is fantastic and I've not had any trouble 2yo DS is delightful and this pg all good with no m/s or anything.
    That's all my advice for what its worth, however we're all individuals so do what you feel is comfortable for you and your bubba.
    Enjoy